|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five years.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
2. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) A rock outcropping in a valley.
(b) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(c) The trees of winter.
(d) A dry pond.
3. Who is Marge?
(a) Abigail's oldest child.
(b) William's wife.
(c) William's middle child.
(d) Abigail's youngest child.
4. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(b) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(c) Bare fields.
(d) Snow-covered peaks.
5. Whose shrieking does Abigail miss in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) Two whipporwills.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
2. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
3. Which one of Margaret's children has Abigail recently seen in the first chapter?
4. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
5. What is Abigail's son's name?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)