|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
(a) She has no one to do the work.
(b) She has no money.
(c) It is more practical to keep it.
(d) She wants to remember.
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
3. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) A dry pond.
(b) The trees of winter.
(c) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(d) A rock outcropping in a valley.
4. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
5. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) Her ex-husband's family.
(b) The servants.
(c) The county.
(d) Margaret's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Margaret's children?
2. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
3. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
4. What is Abigail's son's name?
5. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)