|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The creeping night.
(b) The light on the porch.
(c) Water spilled onto the porch.
(d) Dryness of the skin.
2. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Five years.
3. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail believe she sees over the river?
(a) A huge fish.
(b) A thick mist.
(c) A person.
(d) An owl.
4. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) A dried up stream.
(b) A black pit of nothingness.
(c) A roaring lion.
(d) An old mirror.
5. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(a) A screech owl.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
2. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
3. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
4. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
5. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)