|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail do immediately before watering?
(a) Puts on a sweater.
(c) Turns on the porch light.
(d) Tells the children to wash for dinner.
2. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three months.
3. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The river.
(b) The Howland estate.
(c) The trees.
(d) November evenings.
4. In Abigail's imagination, who stands next to her on the porch in the first Book of Abigail?
5. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) The servants.
(b) The county.
(c) Margaret's children.
(d) Her ex-husband's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail believe she sees over the river?
3. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
4. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
5. Whose shrieking does Abigail miss in the first Book of Abigail?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)