|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The light on the porch.
(b) Water spilled onto the porch.
(c) The creeping night.
(d) Dryness of the skin.
2. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The trees.
(b) November evenings.
(c) The Howland estate.
(d) The river.
3. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(a) The cat.
(c) A screech owl.
4. When Abigail is being honest with herself, she find herself wishing that ______________was not alive.
(c) John, her husband.
5. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have the oldest children left to go to school at in the first chapter?
2. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
3. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
4. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
5. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)