Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Abigail, in what animal is her grandfather most interested?
2. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
(a) An earlier William Howland.
(b) Lorena's brother.
(c) William's nephew.
(d) The landlady's husband.
3. When William comes across a still, the whiskey is aging in ______________.
(a) Cedar kegs.
(b) Oak kegs.
(c) Copper pot.
(d) Pine barrel.
4. Why is Abigail expelled from college?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Poor grades.
(c) She attends an elopement.
(d) Not checking in for curfew.
5. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Canadian River.
(b) Natchez River.
(c) Providence River.
(d) The Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William give his daughter as a homecoming surprise after her first year of college?
2. What is flying around the porch in the first chapter?
3. What name did the Howland place once go by that an ancestor tried unsuccessfully to bring back?
4. Who is Marge?
5. Who is surrounded by "tiers of flesh"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)