|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is flying around the porch in the first chapter?
2. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) November evenings.
(b) The river.
(c) The Howland estate.
(d) The trees.
3. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
(a) He buys a skiff.
(b) He packs food.
(c) He draws a map.
(d) He cleans his guns.
4. In the first chapter, who built the porch that Abigail stands on?
(a) Her great-great-great-great-grandfather.
(b) Her great-great-great grandfather.
(c) Her great-grandfather.
(d) Her great-great grandfather.
5. What did William bring to eat for his trip into the swamp?
(a) Beef jerky, corn muffins, and persimmons.
(b) Bacon, cornbread, and apples.
(c) Ham, biscuits, and berries.
(d) Bacon, bread, and pears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
2. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
3. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
4. What poetry does the elder Abigail enjoy reading out loud before she leaves for college?
5. Who says that William's decision to remain a widower is indecent?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)