|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of William.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illusion does Abigail have in the first chapter?
(a) She is dead.
(b) Her grandfather is still alive.
(c) The house appears as it was.
(d) She is happy.
2. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
(a) As an old man.
(b) As if he owns the world.
(c) As if in fear.
(d) As the young boy she grew up with.
3. What is like "stain on a sponge"?
(a) The light on the porch.
(b) The creeping night.
(c) Water spilled onto the porch.
(d) Dryness of the skin.
4. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
(a) 30 years; handyman/overseer.
(b) 35 years; cook/helper.
(c) 25 years; handyman/helper/manager.
(d) 20 years; general servant.
5. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction has the sun set at the beginning of "The Keepers of the House"?
2. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
3. When William is called to war, where does he go?
4. Who is surrounded by "tiers of flesh"?
5. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)