|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Margaret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Abigail envision as saying, "just like a Howland"?
(a) Margaret's children.
(b) The county.
(c) The servants.
(d) Her ex-husband's family.
2. In the first Book of Abigail, what does Abigail believe she sees over the river?
(a) A huge fish.
(b) A thick mist.
(c) A person.
(d) An owl.
3. Why doesn't Abigail want to replace the fence?
(a) She has no one to do the work.
(b) She wants to remember.
(c) She has no money.
(d) It is more practical to keep it.
4. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
(a) Hundreds of snakes.
(b) A swamp.
(c) An Indian cemetery.
5. What realization does Margaret come to after the move to higher ground during the spring floods?
(a) She should go find her mother.
(b) She should move North.
(c) It is time to have a child.
(d) This is her last year to make this move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William first see evidence of Margaret's work?
2. What is another name that Margaret knows for water moccasins?
3. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
4. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
5. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)