|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book of Margaret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When William tells his granddaughter, "I used to think she'd glow in the night," to whom is he referring?
(b) His daughter, Abigail.
(d) His mother.
2. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) November evenings.
(b) The trees.
(c) The river.
(d) The Howland estate.
3. Where does Margaret wash the clothes?
(a) In the water near the baptistry.
(b) In a washing machine in town.
(c) In the river.
(d) In well water.
4. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(a) Abigail's mother's.
(c) Abigail's daughter's.
(d) Abigail's grandfather's.
5. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Wood for a new fence.
(d) Cherokee rose branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did William Marshall Howland die?
2. According to Margaret's mother, what is hippin?
3. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
4. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
5. Where does Margaret see her grandmother's spirit immediately after the funeral?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)