|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Book of Abigail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When William shows concern at Margaret getting weak-kneed, she blames it on _____________.
(a) Bitter grass.
(b) The long walk.
(d) His presence.
2. What is a 'painter' as mentioned in the Book of William?
(a) A type of slave.
(b) Someone who paints barns.
(c) A bobcat.
(d) An artist.
3. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
4. How many bedrooms does Annie count in the Howland home?
5. What does William find on his back porch that he thinks looks "right pretty"?
(a) A family of cats.
(b) A recently painted rocking chair.
(c) Pumpkins, squash, and gourds.
(d) Basket of fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child receives the most affection from Margaret and William?
2. Who says, "liars' tongues drop off"?
3. Who tells Margaret about her father and how her parents met?
4. What does Margaret pack her possessions in when she moves away from New Church?
5. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)