Book of Abigail
1. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
2. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) The trees of winter.
(b) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(c) A dry pond.
(d) A rock outcropping in a valley.
3. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(a) Abigail's grandfather's.
(b) Abigail's mother's.
(c) Abigail's daughter's.
4. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) Natchez River.
(b) Canadian River.
(c) Providence River.
(d) The Mississippi.
5. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) A black pit of nothingness.
(b) A dried up stream.
(c) An old mirror.
(d) A roaring lion.
6. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Bare fields.
(b) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(d) Snow-covered peaks.
7. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
This section contains 3,779 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)