Book of Abigail
1. In the first Book of Abigail, what month is it?
2. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) The trees of winter.
(b) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(c) A rock outcropping in a valley.
(d) A dry pond.
3. From whose viewpoint is the first Book of Abigail written.
(b) Abigail's daughter's.
(c) Abigail's grandfather's.
(d) Abigail's mother's.
4. What river is referred to at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) Natchez River.
(c) Providence River.
(d) Canadian River.
5. What is the river compared to in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) A dried up stream.
(b) A black pit of nothingness.
(c) An old mirror.
(d) A roaring lion.
6. What does Abigail see when she looks east and north in the first Book of Abigail?
(a) Sharp and clear trees on the ridges.
(b) Bare fields.
(d) Snow-covered peaks.
7. When did the forest fires take place in the Smokies?
This section contains 3,779 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)