|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny think is going to happen after she feels something shake her?
2. Like what does Granny’s pillow seem to float?
3. What type of lampshades does Cornelia have in Granny’s room?
4. When Dr. Harry comes back, how does he describe Granny?
5. What does Granny feel like doing when she imagines hearing something?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what does Granny think of while she lays and drowses?
2. What reason does Granny give Dr. Harry for taking to her bed?
3. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what sounds does Granny hear?
4. What does Granny request from Cornelia after drowsing for a while and why?
5. What does Granny observe about Cornelia in the morning?
6. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
7. How did Granny think of John, and why has her view of him changed?
8. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
9. How does Cornelia’s voice seem to Granny after Granny looks at her husband’s picture?
10. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the story, Granny seems to have a firm grasp on reality. When does it become apparent that Granny is losing touch with reality? As she loses touch with reality, where does Granny’s mind wander? Does she realize that reality is skewed for her?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of her life Granny feels betrayed. How did Granny feel about her end of life? Who did she believe would go before her? Who did she expect to come for her when she died? When he didn’t come, why did she feel betrayed?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Harry frustrates Granny. What is the main complaint that Granny has with Dr. Harry? Does he make her feel threatened? Does Dr. Harry have any ability to help Granny? Why does he frustrate her so?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)