|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn’t Granny think Cornelia can do without asking?
2. What color is the tall dresser in the room where Granny is?
3. How many times has Granny told Cornelia that lying in bed stops circulation?
4. What does Granny feel Father Connolly do toward the end of the story?
5. What did Granny mean to finish before she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Granny’s father think made him live so long?
2. What does Granny want after Dr. Harry leaves in the morning?
3. What does Granny think Cornelia and her husband say after she asks Cornelia to get her something and why does it frustrate her?
4. What did Granny’s father do on his last birthday?
5. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
6. How does Hapsy interact with Granny?
7. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
8. Why does Granny consider getting up to close the shades?
9. What does Granny say about her past illnesses?
10. What does Granny sense and do as she dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny has a conflict with Dr. Harry. Why does Granny have conflicts with Dr. Harry? Does she have conflicts with other characters? How does conflict move along the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Granny craved order in her life. What did order have to do with power and control for Granny? How did order help her throughout her life? Why is Cornelia’s lack or order so frustrating for Granny?
Essay Topic 3
Granny considers herself to have been jilted twice. What are the two times that she was jilted? What emotions does she feel during these times? Is one jilting more traumatic than the other?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)