|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny compare her soul to?
2. How many years did Granny live with kerosene lamps?
3. How many times has Granny told Cornelia that lying in bed stops circulation?
4. What does Granny tell Dr. Harry she would like when he returns to see her?
5. What does Granny flick from Dr. Harry’s grasp at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Granny say to the man who left her at the altar if she could see him again?
2. How does Hapsy look to Granny?
3. As Granny is in bed drowsing, what does she think of death?
4. Why doesn’t Granny like her husband’s picture that sits on a dresser?
5. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
6. What does Granny wish for?
7. What does Cornelia’s voice make Granny think of?
8. What does Granny want to do sometimes when she is frustrated with Cornelia?
9. What does Granny think about childbirth and how it affected her?
10. What does Granny think about losing things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a widow, Granny had to be independent. Was Granny always an independent woman or did she develop that quality? What things did Granny have to do on her own? How did she have to assert independence? How did her independent experience affect her life?
Essay Topic 2
Granny has a conflict with Dr. Harry. Why does Granny have conflicts with Dr. Harry? Does she have conflicts with other characters? How does conflict move along the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, Granny feels like she is being humored. How does her imminent death affect how people treat Granny? Who is humoring Granny? Why does Cornelia humor her? Why does the doctor?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)