|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Granny pull through some sicknesses without Dr. Harry?
2. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
3. Who does Granny believe cleared a straight road to God for her?
4. What would Granny tell John sometimes if she could?
5. How old was Granny when she went around and made farewell visits to her children and grandchildren?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Granny like to have everything?
2. How does Hapsy look to Granny?
3. How does Granny feel about her soul?
4. What does Granny want to do sometimes when she is frustrated with Cornelia?
5. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
6. What does Granny tell herself as she thinks about being jilted?
7. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
8. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what does Granny think of while she lays and drowses?
9. Why does Granny consider getting up to close the shades?
10. After feeling something wet, what does Granny consider about Cornelia and say to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny’s mind slips from the present to the past. Does Granny remember both good and bad memories? What emotions are stirred as Granny remembers the past? Do her memories prepare her to die?
Essay Topic 2
All of Granny’s children are at her side when she dies. Do her children still respect Granny? How do Lydia and Jimmy show that they still respect their mother? How does Cornelia show respect? What is Granny’s relationship with her grown children?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Harry frustrates Granny. What is the main complaint that Granny has with Dr. Harry? Does he make her feel threatened? Does Dr. Harry have any ability to help Granny? Why does he frustrate her so?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)