|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cornelia gets on Granny’s nerves, what does Granny long to do?
2. When will the others come to see Granny?
3. What is Granny’s last act?
4. Who dug the post holes when Granny fenced in an acreage?
5. How many of the sick that Granny tended died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of stories does Father Connolly tell?
2. What does Granny think about losing things?
3. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what does Granny think of while she lays and drowses?
4. How does Granny describe how the lamps were lit in the evenings?
5. Who does Granny really wish to see, and where does she find her?
6. After feeling something wet, what does Granny consider about Cornelia and say to her?
7. What things is Granny not too old for?
8. As Granny is in bed drowsing, what does she think of death?
9. What does Granny wanted picked completely this year?
10. What did Granny’s father think made him live so long?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Harry frustrates Granny. What is the main complaint that Granny has with Dr. Harry? Does he make her feel threatened? Does Dr. Harry have any ability to help Granny? Why does he frustrate her so?
Essay Topic 2
Granny has a conflict with Dr. Harry. Why does Granny have conflicts with Dr. Harry? Does she have conflicts with other characters? How does conflict move along the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses stream of consciousness to tell the story. How does this technique help readers to feel what Granny is feeling? Does this technique make it difficult to follow the story? How does this technique effectively show Granny’s thoughts and feelings as she dies?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)