|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny think of the world she found after being jilted?
2. When someone offered to kill Granny’s missing groom, how did he swear?
3. What is on top of the bronze clock?
4. How did Granny’s day start out?
5. What does Granny feel around her wrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny want to do sometimes when she is frustrated with Cornelia?
2. How does Hapsy interact with Granny?
3. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
4. What does Granny want said to Father Connolly when he arrives?
5. What type of stories does Father Connolly tell?
6. How does Cornelia’s voice seem to Granny after Granny looks at her husband’s picture?
7. When Granny thinks of all she did as a young widow, what does she want to do?
8. How does Hapsy look to Granny?
9. What does Granny think about waste?
10. What did Granny do when she thought she was dying at age sixty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny lives with her daughter Cornelia. Why does Granny complain about Cornelia? Do the women treat one another with respect? How does the relationship show Granny’s sense that she is losing control?
Essay Topic 2
Granny death is the last event in the story. When does it become obvious that Granny is not sick, but dying? Does Granny fear death? Is death what she expected? What emotions does she seem to feel as she dies?
Essay Topic 3
In different ways, both George and John left Granny. Which of the men left Granny because he chose to leave her? Was it easier for Granny to accept the leaving of one or the other men? How did Granny cope when George left? How did she cope when John left?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)