|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the table by Granny’s bed?
2. What does sleeping in the light give?
3. What does Granny do after Cornelia leaves her?
4. What color were John’s eyes in a picture in Granny’s room?
5. What color is the tall dresser in the room where Granny is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny wanted picked completely this year?
2. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
3. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
4. What happened to Granny’s world when she was jilted?
5. What does Granny want after Dr. Harry leaves in the morning?
6. After feeling something wet, what does Granny consider about Cornelia and say to her?
7. What does Granny think about tomorrow?
8. How does Hapsy interact with Granny?
9. What does Father Connolly usually do when he visits?
10. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Granny craved order in her life. What did order have to do with power and control for Granny? How did order help her throughout her life? Why is Cornelia’s lack or order so frustrating for Granny?
Essay Topic 2
Granny begins to lose control over herself and those around her. Does Granny consciously or unconsciously realize that she is losing control? What does she do with Cornelia to try to reassert some control? Does she try to gain control by the way she treats the doctor? How else does Granny try to regain some power and control?
Essay Topic 3
Granny death is the last event in the story. When does it become obvious that Granny is not sick, but dying? Does Granny fear death? Is death what she expected? What emotions does she seem to feel as she dies?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)