|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colored jugs are on the pantry shelves?
2. What is being squeezed out of Granny as her pillow presses against her as she tries to nap?
3. What does Granny think of the world she found after being jilted?
4. How does Granny describe what she sees in the valley?
(a) Bright warm patches of light and shadow
(b) Drops of rain sweeping through the trees and spattering in the creek
(c) Marching across the creek and swallowing the trees
(d) Soft evening light highlighting the trees and creek
5. How old is Granny?
(a) Nearly 80
(c) Nearly 90
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Granny made her will?
2. How does Granny describe what it was like raising the children on her own?
3. What response does Granny get when she tells the doctor what she wants?
4. What would lighting the lamp dispel in the children?
5. What does Granny see in the valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Granny describe a fog that rolls in?
2. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
3. What does Granny think about waste?
4. As Granny considers the day she was jilted, how does she describe how the day changed once the bridegroom didn’t show?
5. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
6. What would Granny say to John if she could see him again?
7. How does Granny feel about her soul?
8. What does Granny see and hear Father Connolly doing at the end of the story?
9. What are Dr. Harry and Cornelia whispering about in the morning?
10. What does Granny tell someone who offers to get revenge on George?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)