|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres did Granny fence in once?
2. After feeling something shake her, what does Granny ask Cornelia to do?
(a) Bring a drink
(b) Close windows
(c) Straighten the covers
(d) Get Hapsy
3. When has Cornelia seen her mother as she is now?
(a) When her last sibling was born
(b) 2 years ago
(d) When her father died
4. What color was the flame when the lamp was lit?
5. How does Granny say that life can be wasted?
(a) Don’t build relationships
(b) Waste opportunities
(c) Don’t spend time with your children
(d) Waste good food
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Lydia drive to talk with her mother?
2. How does Granny describe the way that Cornelia’s mouth moves, when Granny cannot hear Cornelia?
3. How does Granny feel when she looks back at all she accomplished alone?
4. What does Granny think there is in the everlasting hand of God?
5. How did Granny’s day start out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Granny say to the man who left her at the altar if she could see him again?
2. Who does Granny really wish to see, and where does she find her?
3. After feeling something wet, what does Granny consider about Cornelia and say to her?
4. What does Granny think about childbirth and how it affected her?
5. What does Granny tell herself as she thinks about being jilted?
6. What does Granny see and hear Father Connolly doing at the end of the story?
7. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
8. What does Granny think about waste?
9. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
10. How does Granny describe a fog that rolls in?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)