|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color whirligigs are on the stone-china jars?
2. What does Father Connolly usually do when he comes to visit Granny?
(a) Read the Bible
(b) Pray and say a rosary
(c) Have tea, play cards, and gossip
(d) Have a meal
3. How many years did Granny live with kerosene lamps?
4. What was the second illness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
5. What does Granny do after Cornelia leaves her?
(b) Looks out the window
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granny describe what it was like raising the children on her own?
2. What does Granny pull out from her dress?
3. When will the others come to see Granny?
4. What type of lampshades does Cornelia have in Granny’s room?
5. What does Cornelia put on Granny when she comes to check on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Granny consider getting up to close the shades?
2. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
3. What type of stories does Father Connolly tell?
4. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what sounds does Granny hear?
5. As Granny considers the day she was jilted, how does she describe how the day changed once the bridegroom didn’t show?
6. How does Granny describe a fog that rolls in?
7. As Granny thinks further of her jilting, what does she consider?
8. What does Granny think Cornelia and her husband say after she asks Cornelia to get her something and why does it frustrate her?
9. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
10. Why doesn’t Granny like her husband’s picture that sits on a dresser?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)