|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of the bronze clock?
(d) Loving cup
2. What does Granny flick from Dr. Harry’s grasp at the beginning of the story?
3. What pet name does Jimmy call his mother?
4. What does Granny want to send Sister Borgia?
(a) Vegetable seeds
(b) 6 bottles of wine
(c) Flower seeds
(d) 6 jars of jelly
5. What color is the tall dresser in the room where Granny is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny decide to do when she can’t figure out why the shades are not down?
2. In her mind, what does Granny tell herself not to get the upper hand of her?
3. When Granny considers something that was not given back, where does she feel pain that rises?
4. As Granny tries to nap, what color is the light that streams in when her eyelids waver?
5. What does Granny say to the doctor as she considers what she wanted to give her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letters does Granny intend to deal with tomorrow?
2. What does Granny request from Cornelia after drowsing for a while and why?
3. How does Granny like to have everything?
4. How does Hapsy look to Granny?
5. What did one of men do when Granny learned her groom was not coming?
6. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
7. As Granny is in bed drowsing, what does she think of death?
8. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
9. How does Granny describe a fog that rolls in?
10. What does Father Connolly usually do when he visits?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)