|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn’t Granny think Cornelia can do without asking?
(a) Bake a cake
(b) Change furniture around
(c) Discipline her children
(d) Organize a closet
2. When Granny thinks about death, how does it feel?
(c) Warm and familiar
(d) Clammy and unfamiliar
3. What was the second illness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
4. Why doesn’t the doctor find Granny’s behavior odd?
(a) She is 90
(b) Granny has always been different
(c) She is 80
(d) It is a symptom of her disease
5. As Granny tries to nap, what color is the light that streams in when her eyelids waver?
(b) Hazy gray
(c) Bright white
(d) Soft yellow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia say when she comes to see Granny?
2. Who sits beside Granny when she imagines stepping up into something?
3. What does the person that Granny really wants to see say to her?
4. When Dr. Harry comes back, how does he describe Granny?
5. How does Cornelia keep secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
2. What would Granny say to the man who left her at the altar if she could see him again?
3. What does Granny think about losing things?
4. What did one of men do when Granny learned her groom was not coming?
5. Why doesn’t Granny want Dr. Harry attending to her?
6. What does Granny think about childbirth and how it affected her?
7. How does Granny feel about her soul?
8. What things is Granny not too old for?
9. Who does Granny thank for helping her raise her children alone?
10. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)