|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After thinking about Cornelia’s lampshades, how does Granny describe Dr. Harry?
(a) Like a devil
(b) Like an angel
(c) Like a saint
(d) Like a ghost
2. As Granny imagines something, what won’t her companion give her?
3. What is the reason Granny gives the doctor for taking to her bed?
(a) To get out of cleaning
(b) To get rid of Cornelia
(c) To get out of baking
(d) To get rid of Lydia
4. What does Granny think there is in the everlasting hand of God?
5. What does Granny decide to do when she can’t figure out why the shades are not down?
(a) Get up and close the shades
(b) Pull a blanket over her face
(c) Call and ask Cornelia to close the shades
(d) Hide from the light
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cornelia saying as her mother is dying?
2. What do Granny and the person she really wants to see lean forward to do?
3. What is the trouble with Cornelia, according to Granny?
4. What are the birds singing that Granny imagines hearing?
5. What does Granny feel after she tries to tell the doctor what she wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny think about waste?
2. How did Granny think of John, and why has her view of him changed?
3. What would Granny do if the children woke in the night with nightmares?
4. What does Granny tell someone who offers to get revenge on George?
5. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what does Granny think of while she lays and drowses?
6. What does Granny think about tomorrow?
7. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
8. What did Granny do that shows in the children now?
9. How does Cornelia’s voice seem to Granny after Granny looks at her husband’s picture?
10. What did Granny’s father think made him live so long?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)