|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Connolly murmuring toward the end of the story?
(a) In Latin
(b) A Mass
(c) Psalm 23
(d) Last rites
2. What does Dr. Harry call Granny after she tells him to respect his elders?
3. What is Cornelia saying as her mother is dying?
(a) Please don’t go Mother
(b) I love you Mother
(c) Oh Mother, oh, Mother, oh, Mother
(d) God bless you, Mother
4. What doesn’t Granny think Cornelia can do without asking?
(a) Organize a closet
(b) Change furniture around
(c) Bake a cake
(d) Discipline her children
5. What does Father Connolly usually do when he comes to visit Granny?
(a) Read the Bible
(b) Pray and say a rosary
(c) Have tea, play cards, and gossip
(d) Have a meal
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny feel after she tries to tell the doctor what she wants?
2. What does Granny think is going to happen after she feels something shake her?
3. What does sleeping in the light give?
4. Why doesn’t the doctor find Granny’s behavior odd?
5. Where does Granny have to go to find the person she really wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny think about childbirth and how it affected her?
2. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
3. What does Granny see and hear Father Connolly doing at the end of the story?
4. How does Granny like to have everything?
5. How does Cornelia’s voice seem to Granny after Granny looks at her husband’s picture?
6. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
7. What did Granny do when she thought she was dying at age sixty?
8. How does Granny describe how the lamps were lit in the evenings?
9. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
10. What does Granny want said to Father Connolly when he arrives?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)