|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cornelia do when her mother tells her to do something?
(a) Calls for the doctor
(b) Sits suddenly
(c) Steps backward
(d) Kneels and puts her head on the pillow
2. After the birth of a child, how long did it usually take Granny to be well again?
(a) 4 days
(b) 2 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 5 days
3. When someone offered to kill Granny’s missing groom, how did he swear?
(a) Like a sailor’s parrot
(b) Like a gutter snipe
(c) Like a prize fighter
(d) Like a sailor
4. What is the temperature of what Cornelia puts on Granny when she checks on her?
5. Why does Lydia come to talk with her mother?
(a) Bring the grandchildren for a visit
(b) Compare recipes
(c) Share memories
(d) Get advice about her children
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
2. What types of glasses are on the pantry shelves?
3. How did Granny’s day start out?
4. How long has Granny tried to forget being left at the altar?
5. Where does Granny have to go to find the person she really wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Granny’s world when she was jilted?
2. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
3. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what does Granny think of while she lays and drowses?
4. What does Granny sense and do as she dies?
5. What does Granny wish for?
6. How does Granny like to have everything?
7. Why doesn’t Granny like her husband’s picture that sits on a dresser?
8. When Granny thinks about Cornelia’s character qualities, what does she want to do to Cornelia?
9. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
10. As Granny considers the day she was jilted, how does she describe how the day changed once the bridegroom didn’t show?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)