|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny say when she realizes she is dying?
(a) I’m not ready
(b) I have things to do
(c) It’s not time
(d) I can’t go yet
2. How long ago did Granny pull through some sicknesses without Dr. Harry?
(a) 35 years
(b) 40 years
(c) 50 years
(d) 55 years
3. What does Dr. Harry call Granny after she tells him to respect his elders?
4. How does Granny feel when she looks back at all she accomplished alone?
(a) Satisfied and content
(b) Roll up her sleeves and put the place to rights again
(c) Take a nap
(d) Tired, but happy
5. How do the faces of Granny’s children appear to her toward the end of the story?
(a) Fading in and out
(b) Drifting away
(c) Fuzzy and hazy
(d) Sharp and clear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny think of the world she found after being jilted?
2. When does Granny plan to get back to work again?
3. What is the temperature of what Cornelia puts on Granny when she checks on her?
4. When Granny tells Cornelia to go away, what does she tell Cornelia not to do?
5. Who else can wear the jewelry that Granny wants to give Cornelia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny think about losing things?
2. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
3. What does Granny sense and do as she dies?
4. What happened to Granny’s world when she was jilted?
5. How does Granny like to have everything?
6. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
7. What did Granny do that shows in the children now?
8. How does Hapsy look to Granny?
9. What are Dr. Harry and Cornelia whispering about in the morning?
10. What type of stories does Father Connolly tell?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)