|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny want to tell the person she hasn’t seen for sixty years?
(a) That she never missed him
(b) That she still loves him
(c) That she hates him
(d) That she forgot him
2. What does Granny pull out from her dress?
(a) New Testament
(c) Book of Psalms
3. How many times has Granny told Cornelia that lying in bed stops circulation?
4. What did Granny always hate?
(a) Death beds
5. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
(a) Water running
(c) Swishing newspapers
(d) Hanging clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. As Granny imagines something, what won’t her companion give her?
2. When Cornelia gets on Granny’s nerves, what does Granny long to do?
3. How are Dr. Harry’s fingers described at the beginning of the story?
4. What does the person that Granny really wants to see say to her?
5. As Granny remembers being jilted, what does she see in her mind’s eye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny wish for?
2. Why doesn’t Granny want Dr. Harry attending to her?
3. What reason does Granny give Dr. Harry for taking to her bed?
4. How does Cornelia’s voice seem to Granny after Granny looks at her husband’s picture?
5. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
6. What did Granny do that shows in the children now?
7. As Granny is in bed drowsing, what does she think of death?
8. What would Granny say to John if she could see him again?
9. Who does Granny thank for helping her raise her children alone?
10. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)