|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many birds does Granny imagine she hears?
2. What is on the table by Granny’s bed?
(c) Linen cover, candle, and a crucifix
(d) Linen cover, Bible, and rosary
3. What does Lydia put back in Granny’s hands?
4. What color is the tall dresser in the room where Granny is?
5. Why does Granny grasp what she grasps toward the end?
(a) She wants to feel close to God
(b) She just needs something to keep her fingers still.
(c) Wants something alive
(d) It is comforting
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
2. What does Granny tell Cornelia to do?
3. How are Dr. Harry’s fingers described at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Granny want to send Sister Borgia?
5. What type of lampshades does Cornelia have in Granny’s room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Granny’s father think made him live so long?
2. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
3. Who does Granny thank for helping her raise her children alone?
4. How does Granny like to have everything?
5. When Granny thinks of all she did as a young widow, what does she want to do?
6. When Granny thinks about Cornelia’s character qualities, what does she want to do to Cornelia?
7. What letters does Granny intend to deal with tomorrow?
8. How does Granny describe a fog that rolls in?
9. What reason does Granny give Dr. Harry for taking to her bed?
10. What are the first thoughts Granny has of her jilting as she drowses?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)