|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color whirligigs are on the stone-china jars?
2. What does Granny flick from Dr. Harry’s grasp at the beginning of the story?
3. What are the birds singing that Granny imagines hearing?
(b) Dance tune
(c) A Mass
4. What is Cornelia saying as her mother is dying?
(a) Please don’t go Mother
(b) God bless you, Mother
(c) I love you Mother
(d) Oh Mother, oh, Mother, oh, Mother
5. When Cornelia gets on Granny’s nerves, what does Granny long to do?
(a) Go back to her own house
(b) Go live with her friend
(c) Go to another child’s house
(d) Go to sleep and never wake up
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Granny?
2. What does Granny tell Dr. Harry she would like when he returns to see her?
3. Why does Lydia come to talk with her mother?
4. Where does Granny say that Cornelia always whispers?
5. Who dug the post holes when Granny fenced in an acreage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny think about waste?
2. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
3. What does Granny feel and hear after considering whether to close the shades?
4. Who does Granny thank for helping her raise her children alone?
5. Why doesn’t Granny want Dr. Harry attending to her?
6. What does Granny want to do sometimes when she is frustrated with Cornelia?
7. What does Granny think Cornelia and her husband say after she asks Cornelia to get her something and why does it frustrate her?
8. What does Father Connolly usually do when he visits?
9. What does Granny observe about Cornelia in the morning?
10. Why doesn’t Granny want to see Dr. Henry again?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)