|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granny describe the way her bones feel at the beginning of the story?
2. What did Granny always hate?
(b) Death beds
3. What response does Granny get when she tells the doctor what she wants?
(b) Appeasing chat
(c) No answer
(d) Her wish
4. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
(a) Drawing a dark curtain around her bed
(b) Going blind
(c) Shutting out the sun
(d) Coming of the night
5. What shakes Granny after she considers who she might have exchanged her husband for?
(b) Deep roaring
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Granny?
2. What does Granny want to give Lydia?
3. How many birds does Granny imagine she hears?
4. What did Granny mean to finish before she died?
5. Who is the only person Granny would have exchanged her husband for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny wish for?
2. What are some things that Granny had to do mostly by herself?
3. How did Granny think of John, and why has her view of him changed?
4. What would be an evening ritual when the children were little?
5. What does Granny think about tomorrow?
6. What letters does Granny intend to deal with tomorrow?
7. After sixty years, what does Granny decide she wants?
8. What did Granny do that shows in the children now?
9. What does Granny think about losing things?
10. After Dr. Harry leaves in the morning, what sounds does Granny hear?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)