|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Granny continues to imagine, what does she see?
(a) Children playing
(b) A funeral
(c) Flowers in a field
(d) Trees leaned over
2. What color rug was on the floor of the room when Granny learned she had been jilted?
3. As Granny remembers being jilted, what does she see in her mind’s eye?
(b) Thunder and lightning
4. Why is it important that Granny give Lydia something special?
(a) She is a widow
(b) She has a worthless husband
(c) She has young children to raise
(d) She is sick
5. Where does Granny have to go to find the person she really wants to see?
(a) Great many rooms
(b) Through a meadow
(d) Into the kitchen
6. What colored jugs are on the pantry shelves?
7. What would lighting the lamp dispel in the children?
8. Like what does Granny’s pillow seem to float?
9. What happened after Granny made her will?
(a) She broke her ankle
(b) She caught pneumonia
(c) She broke her hip
(d) She came down with a long fever
10. What does Granny actually hear after the doctor leaves her room?
(a) Wind blowing
(d) Rain drops
11. What does Granny wish to do with Cornelia when she thinks about her daughter’s qualities?
12. How long ago did Granny pull through some sicknesses without Dr. Harry?
(a) 35 years
(b) 50 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 55 years
13. How does Cornelia keep secrets?
(a) Gossips about secrets
(b) Close to her breast
(d) In a public way
14. What does Cornelia put on Granny when she comes to check on her?
(c) Essential oil
(d) Wet cloth
15. What did Granny always hate?
(d) Death beds
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn’t Granny think Cornelia can do without asking?
2. As Granny tries to take a little nap, where does her pillow press?
3. What does Granny feel like doing when she imagines hearing something?
4. According to Granny, what does a woman need inside her to have her full health?
5. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)