|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny want to send Sister Borgia?
(a) Flower seeds
(b) 6 bottles of wine
(c) 6 jars of jelly
(d) Vegetable seeds
2. What does Granny ask Cornelia after feeling something shake?
(a) What is that sound?
(b) Is that a vehicle?
(c) Is that lightning?
(d) Did you hear that?
3. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
(a) Cold cloth
(b) Heat compress
(d) A lot of things
4. What would Granny tell John sometimes if she could?
(a) That she missed him
(b) That she brought the children up right
(c) That she made it on her own
(d) That she didn’t do badly
5. What color were John’s eyes?
6. After thinking about Cornelia’s lampshades, what does Granny see around Dr. Harry?
(a) Rosy nimbus
(b) Gray fog
(c) Dark cloud
(d) Soft light
7. What does Granny feel like doing when she imagines hearing something?
8. How many birds does Granny imagine she hears?
9. How does Granny describe what she sees in the valley?
(a) Soft evening light highlighting the trees and creek
(b) Bright warm patches of light and shadow
(c) Drops of rain sweeping through the trees and spattering in the creek
(d) Marching across the creek and swallowing the trees
10. What does Granny decide to do when she can’t figure out why the shades are not down?
(a) Call and ask Cornelia to close the shades
(b) Pull a blanket over her face
(c) Get up and close the shades
(d) Hide from the light
11. What did Granny’s father say was his daily habit?
(b) Drinking beer
(c) Having a hot toddy
12. When did Granny see Dr. Harry that day?
(a) At lunch
(c) At breakfast
13. When has Cornelia seen her mother as she is now?
(a) When her last sibling was born
(c) When her father died
(d) 2 years ago
14. When someone offered to kill Granny’s missing groom, how did he swear?
(a) Like a prize fighter
(b) Like a sailor
(c) Like a sailor’s parrot
(d) Like a gutter snipe
15. Who dug the post holes when Granny fenced in an acreage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sleeping in the light give?
2. After Cornelia leaves, how long does Granny hope her children will leave her alone?
3. Why does Lydia come to talk with her mother?
4. When Dr. Harry comes back, how does he describe Granny?
5. What word does Granny use to describe lighting the lamps?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)