|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny say to the doctor as she considers what she wanted to give her children?
(a) Go away
(b) Hush and be quiet
(c) Don’t bother me
(d) Shut up
2. How are Dr. Harry’s fingers described at the beginning of the story?
3. When is it when Dr. Harry comes back to see Granny?
(a) Lunch time
(b) Supper time
4. What was a frequent topic of Father Connolly’s stories?
(a) A Southern Baptist
(b) An Irishman
(c) A Scotchman
(d) A lapsed Catholic
5. How do the faces of Granny’s children appear to her toward the end of the story?
(a) Fading in and out
(b) Drifting away
(c) Sharp and clear
(d) Fuzzy and hazy
6. What is the temperature of what Cornelia puts on Granny when she checks on her?
7. What does Granny tell Dr. Harry she would like when he returns to see her?
(a) To be left alone
(b) To have lunch
(c) To lie in peace and get rested
(d) To have dinner
8. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
(d) Whooping cough
9. Why does Lydia come to talk with her mother?
(a) Compare recipes
(b) Get advice about her children
(c) Share memories
(d) Bring the grandchildren for a visit
10. What does Granny see in the valley?
(a) Patches of sunlight
(d) Rain shower
11. After feeling something shake her, what does Granny ask Cornelia to do?
(a) Close windows
(b) Straighten the covers
(c) Bring a drink
(d) Get Hapsy
12. What did Granny always hate?
(a) Death beds
13. What does Granny ask when Cornelia seems to be talking, but Granny can’t hear her?
(a) What did you say?
(b) Why is everyone coming?
(c) Why aren’t you getting supper?
(d) Whose birthday is it?
14. When Granny finds the person she really wants to see, what does that person have?
(a) A baby
(d) A small toddler
15. If John came back, who would he look for?
(a) A young woman with small children
(b) A young woman with fair complexion and unwrinkled skin
(c) A young woman with a Spanish comb in her hair and a painted fan
(d) A young woman with dark hair
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granny say that life can be wasted?
2. What does Granny wish to do with Cornelia when she thinks about her daughter’s qualities?
3. What color is the tall dresser in the room where Granny is?
4. When does Granny plan to get back to work again?
5. As Granny tries to take a little nap, where does her pillow press?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)