|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the table by Granny’s bed?
(a) Linen cover, Bible, and rosary
(b) Linen cover, candle, and a crucifix
2. Who does Granny believe cleared a straight road to God for her?
(a) Ancestors who have gone on before
(b) Favorite saints
(c) Father Connolly
(d) Mary, mother of Jesus
3. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
(a) Heat compress
(b) A lot of things
(d) Cold cloth
4. What does Granny ask for after she thinks about her father?
(a) Lemon juice
(c) Hot toddy
5. Where does Granny have to go to find the person she really wants to see?
(a) Into the kitchen
(b) Through a meadow
(d) Great many rooms
6. What does Granny feel after she tries to tell the doctor what she wants?
(a) Dull ache behind her eyes
(b) Pressure in her chest
(c) Sharp pain in her abdomen
(d) Warm weight on her forehead
7. What does Granny imagine stepping up into?
8. What does Cornelia say to her husband after Granny makes a request and says that she is cold because her circulation is stopped from resting in bed?
(a) Mother is getting childish
(b) Mother is cranky
(c) Mother seems cross
(d) Mother seems tired
9. What did Granny’s father have on his last birthday?
(b) Hot toddy
10. What is being squeezed out of Granny as her pillow presses against her as she tries to nap?
11. When Dr. Harry returns, how long does Granny believe that he has been gone?
(a) An hour
(b) 2 hours
(c) 5 minutes
(d) About 45 minutes
12. What did Granny always hate?
(a) Death beds
13. Like what does Granny’s pillow seem to float?
14. Why does Granny want to send something to Sister Borgia?
(a) For the Abbey’s garden
(b) For her gout
(c) For her dyspepsia
(d) For her garden
15. How long has Granny tried to forget being left at the altar?
(a) 50 years
(b) 70 years
(c) 65 years
(d) 60 years
Short Answer Questions
1. As Granny moves toward death, how does she see her body?
2. After thinking about her father, what most annoys Granny about Cornelia?
3. What color is the embroidered linen in Granny’s room?
4. Who does Granny mistake for Hapsy?
5. What does the tall dresser in Granny’s room have on it?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)