|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cornelia keep secrets?
(a) Close to her breast
(b) Gossips about secrets
(d) In a public way
2. What does Granny want to tell the person she hasn’t seen for sixty years?
(a) That she never missed him
(b) That she hates him
(c) That she forgot him
(d) That she still loves him
3. What does Granny do after Cornelia leaves her?
(d) Looks out the window
4. As Granny tries to nap, what color is the light that streams in when her eyelids waver?
(a) Hazy gray
(b) Bright white
(d) Soft yellow
5. What sit on embroidered linen in Granny’s room?
(d) Hair brushes and tonic bottles
6. As Granny tries to take a little nap, where does her pillow press?
(c) On her shoulders
(d) Back of her head
7. What does Granny imagine stepping up into?
8. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
(a) Going blind
(b) Shutting out the sun
(c) Coming of the night
(d) Drawing a dark curtain around her bed
9. As Granny thinks and tries to nap, how does she describe the day?
(b) Sunny day with a warm breeze
(c) Green day with a fresh breeze
10. How long ago did Granny pull through some sicknesses without Dr. Harry?
(a) 55 years
(b) 50 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 35 years
11. What does Granny say that Cornelia is always being?
(a) Angry and frustrated
(b) Abrupt and rude
(c) Tactful and kind
(d) Thoughtful and generous
12. How old is Granny?
(a) Nearly 90
(c) Nearly 80
13. What does Granny close her fingers around after Lydia tries to hand her back something?
(a) Jimmy’s thumb
(b) Lydia’s hand
14. What does Granny wish to do with Cornelia when she thinks about her daughter’s qualities?
15. What does sleeping in the light give?
(b) Disjointed memories
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about her father, what most annoys Granny about Cornelia?
2. What color is the embroidered linen in Granny’s room?
3. After thinking about the jilting, what does Granny see Hapsy wearing?
4. Where does Granny have to go to find the person she really wants to see?
5. What would Granny tell John sometimes if she could?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)