|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Granny compare her children to when she lit the lamps?
(b) Little calves
(d) Little ducks
2. What does Dr. Harry call Granny after she tells him to respect his elders?
3. Why does Granny grasp what she grasps toward the end?
(a) It is comforting
(b) Wants something alive
(c) She wants to feel close to God
(d) She just needs something to keep her fingers still.
4. What does Granny feel Father Connolly do toward the end of the story?
(a) Sprinkle water on her forehead
(b) Tickle her feet
(c) Take her hand
(d) Smooth her covers
5. What was a frequent topic of Father Connolly’s stories?
(a) A lapsed Catholic
(b) An Irishman
(c) A Southern Baptist
(d) A Scotchman
6. What types of glasses are on the pantry shelves?
7. What does Granny actually hear after the doctor leaves her room?
(a) Rain drops
(c) Wind blowing
8. What colored jugs are on the pantry shelves?
9. What does Granny ask for after she thinks about her father?
(a) Lemon juice
(c) Hot toddy
10. After thinking about the jilting, what does Granny see Hapsy wearing?
(a) Straw hat
(b) White cap
(c) Brown beret
(d) Blue bonnet
11. What does Granny say that Cornelia is always being?
(a) Abrupt and rude
(b) Thoughtful and generous
(c) Angry and frustrated
(d) Tactful and kind
12. How does Granny describe what it was like raising the children on her own?
(a) Hard pull
(b) Nothing but struggle
(c) Hardship and toil
(d) Work and laughter
13. What does Cornelia put on Granny when she comes to check on her?
(b) Essential oil
(c) Wet cloth
14. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
(a) Cold cloth
(b) A lot of things
(d) Heat compress
15. What did Granny mean to finish before she died?
(b) Altar cloth
Short Answer Questions
1. While Granny rummages around, what does she find in her mind?
2. How old was Granny when she went around and made farewell visits to her children and grandchildren?
3. What happened after Granny made her will?
4. Why is it important that Granny give Lydia something special?
5. What does Granny say when she realizes she is dying?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)