|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to help Lydia put something back in Granny’s hands?
(a) Dr. Harry
(c) Father Connelly
2. When does Granny say that she last went to Holy Communion?
(d) Last week
3. What do Granny and the person she really wants to see lean forward to do?
(c) Shake hands
(d) Exchange rings
4. What does Granny feel Father Connolly do toward the end of the story?
(a) Sprinkle water on her forehead
(b) Smooth her covers
(c) Tickle her feet
(d) Take her hand
5. What did Granny’s father have on his last birthday?
(a) Hot toddy
6. How does Granny say that life can be wasted?
(a) Waste opportunities
(b) Don’t spend time with your children
(c) Waste good food
(d) Don’t build relationships
7. When will the others come to see Granny?
(b) At dusk
(d) After supper
8. What does Lydia say when she comes to see Granny?
(a) Here are the children
(b) We drove as fast as we could
(c) How are you feeling
(d) It is raining
9. What does Father Connolly usually do when he comes to visit Granny?
(a) Have tea, play cards, and gossip
(b) Pray and say a rosary
(c) Read the Bible
(d) Have a meal
10. What does Granny actually hear after the doctor leaves her room?
(a) Rain drops
(b) Wind blowing
11. What does Dr. Harry call Granny after she tells him to respect his elders?
12. What does Granny feel around her wrist?
(a) Stretchy rubber band
(c) Warm bracelet
13. What color was the flame when the lamp was lit?
14. What would Granny say to her children when it was time to come in from playing?
(a) Time for bed
(b) Come in for supper
(c) Don’t stay out in the night air
(d) It’s getting dark
15. After Granny tries to tell the doctor what she wants, what whispering does she hear?
(b) Doctor and nurse
(c) Someone outside the window
(d) Her children
Short Answer Questions
1. What sit on embroidered linen in Granny’s room?
2. What does Granny ask when Cornelia seems to be talking, but Granny can’t hear her?
3. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
4. How does Granny feel when she looks back at all she accomplished alone?
5. After thinking about Cornelia’s lampshades, what does Granny see around Dr. Harry?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)