|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Granny and the person she really wants to see lean forward to do?
(b) Shake hands
(c) Exchange rings
2. How many years did Granny live with kerosene lamps?
3. What happened after Granny made her will?
(a) She caught pneumonia
(b) She broke her hip
(c) She came down with a long fever
(d) She broke her ankle
4. What does Granny feel like doing when she imagines hearing something?
5. When Granny considers something that was not given back, where does she feel pain that rises?
6. What does Granny feel after she tries to tell the doctor what she wants?
(a) Pressure in her chest
(b) Dull ache behind her eyes
(c) Sharp pain in her abdomen
(d) Warm weight on her forehead
7. What does Granny consider doing or she won’t be able to sleep?
(a) Close the curtains
(b) Pull the shades down
(c) Use the bathroom
(d) Get a drink
8. If John came back, who would he look for?
(a) A young woman with small children
(b) A young woman with fair complexion and unwrinkled skin
(c) A young woman with dark hair
(d) A young woman with a Spanish comb in her hair and a painted fan
9. What does Granny pull out from her dress?
(b) Book of Psalms
(d) New Testament
10. Who sits beside Granny when she imagines stepping up into something?
11. What does Granny decide to do when she can’t figure out why the shades are not down?
(a) Pull a blanket over her face
(b) Hide from the light
(c) Call and ask Cornelia to close the shades
(d) Get up and close the shades
12. What does Granny say to the doctor as she considers what she wanted to give her children?
(a) Hush and be quiet
(b) Shut up
(c) Don’t bother me
(d) Go away
13. What does Granny ask Cornelia after feeling something shake?
(a) What is that sound?
(b) Is that a vehicle?
(c) Is that lightning?
(d) Did you hear that?
14. How long ago did Granny pull through some sicknesses without Dr. Harry?
(a) 50 years
(b) 40 years
(c) 35 years
(d) 55 years
15. After Granny considers her life, what flashes on her closed eyelids?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny wish to do with Cornelia when she thinks about her daughter’s qualities?
2. How does Cornelia keep secrets?
3. How far does Lydia drive to talk with her mother?
4. What would Granny say to her children when it was time to come in from playing?
5. As Granny moves toward death, how does she see her body?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)