|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, to where does Granny pull up her sheet?
2. What does Granny pull out from her dress?
(c) New Testament
(d) Book of Psalms
3. What happened after Granny made her will?
(a) She came down with a long fever
(b) She broke her ankle
(c) She caught pneumonia
(d) She broke her hip
4. What happened to the wedding cake when Granny was jilted?
(a) Sent to an orphanage
(b) Sent to an old folk’s home
(c) Thrown out and wasted
(d) Cut and served at a party
5. Who dug the post holes when Granny fenced in an acreage?
6. When did Granny see Dr. Harry that day?
(b) At lunch
(d) At breakfast
7. As Granny tries to take a little nap, where does her pillow press?
(c) On her shoulders
(d) Back of her head
8. Who does Granny hear whispering from a long way off after she sees the person she really has wanted to see?
(a) Dr. Harry
9. What does Granny want to tell the person she hasn’t seen for sixty years?
(a) That she never missed him
(b) That she still loves him
(c) That she forgot him
(d) That she hates him
10. What does Granny feel after she tries to tell the doctor what she wants?
(a) Sharp pain in her abdomen
(b) Pressure in her chest
(c) Warm weight on her forehead
(d) Dull ache behind her eyes
11. What color were John’s eyes?
12. What is Cornelia saying as her mother is dying?
(a) I love you Mother
(b) Please don’t go Mother
(c) Oh Mother, oh, Mother, oh, Mother
(d) God bless you, Mother
13. After Cornelia leaves, how long does Granny hope her children will leave her alone?
(a) A couple hours
(b) A minute
(c) 15 minutes
(d) 30 minutes
14. When Dr. Harry comes back, how does he describe Granny?
(b) Young and happy
(d) Peaceful and sleepy
15. When Dr. Harry returns, how long does Granny believe that he has been gone?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) An hour
(c) About 45 minutes
(d) 2 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about Cornelia’s lampshades, how does Granny describe Dr. Harry?
2. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
3. When Cornelia gets on Granny’s nerves, what does Granny long to do?
4. How does Granny describe the way the doctor moves around the bed?
5. When Granny finds the person she really wants to see, what does that person have?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)