|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the others come to see Granny?
(a) After supper
(d) At dusk
2. What does Father Connolly usually do when he comes to visit Granny?
(a) Pray and say a rosary
(b) Read the Bible
(c) Have tea, play cards, and gossip
(d) Have a meal
3. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
(d) Whooping cough
4. How old was Granny when she went around and made farewell visits to her children and grandchildren?
5. What does the person that Granny really wants to see say to her?
(a) Come with me
(b) Where have you been?
(c) I thought you’d never come
(d) Let’s leave
6. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
(a) A lot of things
(b) Cold cloth
(c) Heat compress
7. As Granny thinks and tries to nap, how does she describe the day?
(a) Green day with a fresh breeze
(c) Sunny day with a warm breeze
8. How old did Granny’s father live to be?
9. After thinking about the jilting, what does Granny see Hapsy wearing?
(a) Blue bonnet
(b) Straw hat
(c) Brown beret
(d) White cap
10. When Dr. Harry comes back, how does he describe Granny?
(a) Young and happy
(b) Peaceful and sleepy
11. What does Granny pull out from her dress?
(b) New Testament
(c) Book of Psalms
12. What does Granny call paying for a doctor’s visit?
13. What word does Granny use to describe lighting the lamps?
14. When Granny reconsiders what the noise might be that she hears after the doctor leaves, what does she think it might be?
(a) Hanging clothes
(c) Swishing newspapers
(d) Water running
15. What does Granny wish to do with Cornelia when she thinks about her daughter’s qualities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on top of the bronze clock?
2. What does Granny want to send Sister Borgia?
3. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
4. How far does Lydia drive to talk with her mother?
5. How many acres did Granny fence in once?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)