|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Granny continues to imagine, what does she see?
(a) Flowers in a field
(b) Children playing
(c) Trees leaned over
(d) A funeral
2. When does Granny plan to get back to work again?
(a) After supper
(b) Before supper
(c) After her nap
3. What does Granny call paying for a doctor’s visit?
4. What color were John’s eyes in a picture in Granny’s room?
5. What does Granny ask Cornelia after feeling something shake?
(a) Is that a vehicle?
(b) Is that lightning?
(c) What is that sound?
(d) Did you hear that?
6. After describing Dr. Harry, how does Cornelia’s voice sound to Granny?
(a) Fades in and out
(b) Staggers and bumps like a cart
(c) Grates and grinds
(d) Slides up and down on a sour note
7. What is Cornelia saying as her mother is dying?
(a) Oh Mother, oh, Mother, oh, Mother
(b) Please don’t go Mother
(c) I love you Mother
(d) God bless you, Mother
8. How old was Granny when she went around and made farewell visits to her children and grandchildren?
9. What does Granny plan to go through tomorrow?
(a) Hope chest
(b) Spare bedroom
(d) Box of letters
10. What does Granny think were in her bed yesterday?
(d) Sugar ants
11. Where does Granny say that Cornelia always whispers?
(a) In hallways
(b) At the dinner table
(c) Around doors
(d) In her room
12. What color rug was on the floor of the room when Granny learned she had been jilted?
13. When will the others come to see Granny?
(a) After supper
(c) At dusk
14. What would lighting the lamp dispel in the children?
15. After thinking about her father, what most annoys Granny about Cornelia?
(a) That Cornelia is slow to respond to her requests
(b) That Cornelia always whispers
(c) That Cornelia has no patience
(d) That Cornelia thinks she is deaf, blind, and dumb
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jimmy come to talk to his mother?
2. What does Granny tell Dr. Harry she would like when he returns to see her?
3. What does Granny say to the doctor as she considers what she wanted to give her children?
4. What does the tall dresser in Granny’s room have on it?
5. If John came back, who would he look for?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)