|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny say that Cornelia is always being?
(a) Angry and frustrated
(b) Thoughtful and generous
(c) Abrupt and rude
(d) Tactful and kind
2. Why doesn’t the doctor find Granny’s behavior odd?
(a) Granny has always been different
(b) She is 90
(c) It is a symptom of her disease
(d) She is 80
3. Who does Granny believe cleared a straight road to God for her?
(a) Father Connolly
(b) Favorite saints
(c) Mary, mother of Jesus
(d) Ancestors who have gone on before
4. What does Granny think is going to happen after she feels something shake her?
(d) A visitor will come
5. In her mind, what does Granny tell herself not to get the upper hand of her?
(c) Distant grief
(d) Wounded vanity
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lampshades does Cornelia have in Granny’s room?
2. What color rug was on the floor of the room when Granny learned she had been jilted?
3. As Granny moves toward death, how does she describe the way her thoughts are going?
4. After Cornelia leaves, how long does Granny hope her children will leave her alone?
5. What is on top of the bronze clock?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)