|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Granny would have exchanged her husband for?
(a) No one
(b) St. Michael
(c) St. Gabriel
(d) St. Martin
2. How does Granny describe the way that Cornelia’s mouth moves, when Granny cannot hear Cornelia?
(a) In angles and planes
(b) Moves in strange shapes
(c) Open and closes silently
(d) Twists and turns
3. What would lighting the lamp dispel in the children?
4. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
(b) Whooping cough
5. Who does Granny believe cleared a straight road to God for her?
(a) Favorite saints
(b) Mary, mother of Jesus
(c) Ancestors who have gone on before
(d) Father Connolly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny want to tell the person she hasn’t seen for sixty years?
2. What does Granny want to send Sister Borgia?
3. What does Granny consider doing or she won’t be able to sleep?
4. As Granny continues to imagine, what does she see?
5. After thinking about the jilting, what does Granny see Hapsy wearing?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)