|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Granny mean to finish before she died?
(a) Altar cloth
2. Who does Granny hear whispering from a long way off after she sees the person she really has wanted to see?
(a) Dr. Harry
3. After describing Dr. Harry, how does Cornelia’s voice sound to Granny?
(a) Fades in and out
(b) Staggers and bumps like a cart
(c) Slides up and down on a sour note
(d) Grates and grinds
4. When Granny thinks about death, how does it feel?
(a) Warm and familiar
(b) Clammy and unfamiliar
5. What does Granny call paying for a doctor’s visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Granny thinks she hears after the doctor leaves?
2. If John came back, who would he look for?
3. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
4. After the birth of a child, how long did it usually take Granny to be well again?
5. What is Granny’s last act?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)