|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Granny would have exchanged her husband for?
(a) St. Michael
(b) No one
(c) St. Gabriel
(d) St. Martin
2. What does the tall dresser in Granny’s room have on it?
(a) Granny’s picture
(b) Picture of Granny and John on their wedding day
(c) John’s picture
(d) Picture of the children
3. How many birds does Granny imagine she hears?
4. How does Granny describe what she sees in the valley?
(a) Drops of rain sweeping through the trees and spattering in the creek
(b) Soft evening light highlighting the trees and creek
(c) Bright warm patches of light and shadow
(d) Marching across the creek and swallowing the trees
5. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
(b) Whooping cough
Short Answer Questions
1. What would lighting the lamp dispel in the children?
2. What does Granny plan to go through tomorrow?
3. What does Granny say she wants when Cornelia comes to her after the doctor leaves?
4. What is on top of the bronze clock?
5. As Granny remembers being jilted, what does she see in her mind’s eye?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)