|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the birds singing that Granny imagines hearing?
(c) Dance tune
(d) A Mass
2. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
(a) Drawing a dark curtain around her bed
(b) Shutting out the sun
(c) Going blind
(d) Coming of the night
3. What does Granny think of the world she found after being jilted?
4. What does Granny tell Dr. Harry she would like when he returns to see her?
(a) To lie in peace and get rested
(b) To be left alone
(c) To have dinner
(d) To have lunch
5. Where does Granny say that Cornelia always whispers?
(a) Around doors
(b) At the dinner table
(c) In her room
(d) In hallways
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny fenced in an acreage, who helped her clamp the wires?
2. How old is Granny?
3. What do Granny and the person she really wants to see lean forward to do?
4. What is being squeezed out of Granny as her pillow presses against her as she tries to nap?
5. When Granny thinks about death, how does it feel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)