|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny feel like doing when she imagines hearing something?
2. What color is the embroidered linen in Granny’s room?
3. What does Granny decide to do when she can’t figure out why the shades are not down?
(a) Call and ask Cornelia to close the shades
(b) Pull a blanket over her face
(c) Get up and close the shades
(d) Hide from the light
4. How many times has Granny told Cornelia that lying in bed stops circulation?
5. When someone offered to kill Granny’s missing groom, how did he swear?
(a) Like a gutter snipe
(b) Like a sailor’s parrot
(c) Like a sailor
(d) Like a prize fighter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that Granny give Lydia something special?
2. What is on top of the bronze clock?
3. If John came back, who would he look for?
4. What was a frequent topic of Father Connolly’s stories?
5. What does Dr. Harry call Granny after she tells him to respect his elders?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)