|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the visitors are more ______________ than the residents.
2. What book did this author write?
(a) The Book of Fate.
(b) The Book of Hours.
(c) The Book of the Courtier.
(d) The Book of Love.
3. Who is Guiseppe Balsamo?
(a) One of the most famous Italian teachers.
(b) A famous artist.
(c) One of the most famous charlatans of all time.
(d) A famous author.
4. What accounts for much of the male attention towards women in Italy?
(a) The women are very beautiful.
(b) The women are threatening.
(c) The women are intelligent.
(d) The women are very demanding.
5. Can the ordinary person worship amid such grandeur?
Short Answer Questions
1. The third evil spirit is what?
2. The first of the evil spirits is what?
3. For ages it has been the fate of the Italian people to grasp wealth and power so they achieve it through what?
4. Who was this city trying to deceive?
5. Who found their way to Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is Baldassar Castiglione known?
2. Describe Cola di Rienzo.
3. What is the third evil spirit? Describe it.
4. Who is Guiseppe Balsamo?
5. What about Italian life draws visitors?
6. Why do many visitors return often or stay permanently?
7. How do the Italians feel about work?
8. What is the fourth evil spirit? Describe it.
9. Why is it believed that both Casanova and Cagliostro can be found in every Italian man?
10. What is ironic about the lives of Italians and the deception that is a part of life in this country?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)