|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was this city trying to deceive?
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) The Pope.
2. What did this city add to the building facades?
3. What do female visitors believe about Italian men?
(a) They are selfish and rude.
(b) They do not pay attention to their particular marital status or circumstances.
(c) They do not like Italian women.
(d) They do not like foreign women.
4. What decision do some visitors make according to this chapter?
(a) To visit during the winter.
(b) To stay permanently.
(c) To never return to Italy.
(d) To encourage others to stay away from Italy.
5. Giuseppe Balsamo is a contemporary of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do foreigners seem to have trouble with this belief in illusion?
2. From what other parts of the world do visitors come?
3. Upon arrival, what were nearly impossible to find?
4. Is this influx of people in Italy new?
5. What entire city enacted deception?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Italians feel about work?
2. What do you find to be a important feature of Italy?
3. Why is the element of make believe important?
4. What is a major reason for Italian travel?
5. What did author Henry James say regarding the pleasure of Italy?
6. What is the first purpose of having life be like a show?
7. What is the second evil spirit? Describe it.
8. What about Italian life draws visitors?
9. Is tourism new to Italy? Why or why not?
10. What does the author say about the draw of the weather for visitors. What do you think about this?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)