|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Italy is the seat of what?
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) Art history.
(d) The Mediterranean.
2. Possibly nowhere else on earth can these things be found and indulged in with such ____________.
3. In the 1950s, how many people visited Italy?
(a) Twelve million.
(b) Five million.
(c) Five billion.
(d) Twelve billion.
4. This author asserts that a man must use tactics of mild deception at times in order to do what?
(a) Gain personal and business advantage.
(b) Defeat the enemy.
(c) Help others.
(d) Protect Italy.
5. With what is the magnificent structure mentioned in number 77 filled?
(a) Unhappy citizens.
(b) Selfish people.
(c) Grand art and architecture.
(d) Ruthless rulers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The core of Italian belief is that life is what?
2. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
3. Balsamo became involved in what?
4. Italy was on the route of the crusaders on their way to where?
5. Most visitors engage in ________________ activities.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was travel to Italy in ancient times?
2. What about Italian life draws visitors?
3. Why is the element of make believe important?
4. What is ironic about the lives of Italians and the deception that is a part of life in this country?
5. How do you feel about the deception of the Italian people?
6. What is the first purpose of having life be like a show?
7. Describe Cola di Rienzo.
8. In what activities to visitors take part?
9. What is the stereotype of Italians?
10. What does the author say about the draw of the weather for visitors. What do you think about this?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)