|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest case of illusion?
(b) Saint Peter's Church in Rome.
(c) Italy as a whole.
(d) The Vatican.
2. Why was arrival by sea dangerous?
(a) Because of the risk of theft from a ship's captain.
(b) Because of storms, ship's crew mutinies and pirates.
(c) Because of rocky shores and limited docking space.
(d) Because of poorly-made vessels.
3. For ages it has been the fate of the Italian people to grasp wealth and power so they achieve it through what?
(c) Hard work.
4. What was part of one's Italian education?
(a) The study of the Italian language.
(b) The study of Italian politics.
(c) The study of Italian life and culture.
(d) The study of Italy's art.
5. What must be hidden?
(a) Signs of wealth.
(b) Nature's beauty.
(d) All that is ugly and unpleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
2. The core of Italian belief is that life is what?
3. Upon arrival, what were nearly impossible to find?
4. Italians believe that the effects of life _______________ be eliminated.
5. With what is the magnificent structure mentioned in number 77 filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do many visitors return often or stay permanently?
2. For what is Baldassar Castiglione known?
3. Why is it believed that both Casanova and Cagliostro can be found in every Italian man?
4. Why is the element of make believe important?
5. In what activities to visitors take part?
6. What is a major reason for Italian travel?
7. What does the author say about the draw of the weather for visitors. What do you think about this?
8. Why must one be careful when falling in love in Italy?
9. What is the fourth evil spirit? Describe it.
10. How do you feel about the deception of the Italian people?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)