|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes these visitors to make the decision from number 21?
(a) It is warm in Italy.
(b) The locals were very rude.
(c) They fall under the country's irresistible spell.
(d) They enjoy being in their native countries.
2. In the 1960s, how many people visited Italy?
(a) Twelve billion.
(b) Over twenty million.
(c) Over twenty billion.
(d) Twelve million.
3. Who flocks to Italy each year in increasing numbers?
(a) The elderly.
(c) Foreign visitors.
4. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
(a) Their life revolves around the law.
(b) Their life is like a play or show.
(c) They do not have control over their lives.
(d) Their life is business.
5. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first of the evil spirits is what?
2. One of the most prominent proponents of illusion was the author __________________.
3. In later years, people came to the cities of Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples to do what?
4. Most visitors engage in ________________ activities.
5. The surface of Italian life has many characteristics of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a part of Italy's charm? Explain this aspect.
2. What does the author say about the draw of the weather for visitors. What do you think about this?
3. Why do many visitors return often or stay permanently?
4. From where do most foreigners to Italy come? What brings these visitors?
5. Describe Cola di Rienzo.
6. Who is Guiseppe Balsamo?
7. What is the first of the evil spirits? Describe it.
8. How do the Italians feel about work?
9. What is ironic about the lives of Italians and the deception that is a part of life in this country?
10. How important are nonverbal gestures?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)