|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this city add to the building facades?
2. Why do foreigners seem to have trouble with this belief in illusion?
(a) It is hard to discern what is truth.
(b) It is deceitful.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) It is disrespectful.
3. The passion for ______________ allows Italians to glide over life's surface leaving the ugly part as untouched as possible.
(b) Each other.
4. The largest number of visitors come from where?
(a) South Korea and India.
(b) Greece and Turkey.
(c) Russia and China.
(d) Northern Europe and the United States.
5. Giuseppe Balsamo is a contemporary of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Would most of these visitors consider doing any of these previously-mentioned activities in their own hometowns?
2. What drives the tourists to Italy?
3. What book did this author write?
4. In ancient times, travel was _________________.
5. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second evil spirit? Describe it.
2. For what is Baldassar Castiglione known?
3. What did author Henry James say regarding the pleasure of Italy?
4. How do the Italians feel about work?
5. How is Benito Mussolini an example of Italian showmanship gone wrong?
6. What is a part of Italy's charm? Explain this aspect.
7. Is tourism new to Italy? Why or why not?
8. Who is Guiseppe Balsamo?
9. Why is the element of make believe important?
10. What is the fourth evil spirit? Describe it.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)