|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This author asserts that a man must use tactics of mild deception at times in order to do what?
(a) Defeat the enemy.
(b) Help others.
(c) Gain personal and business advantage.
(d) Protect Italy.
2. What must be done to raw nature?
(b) Left alone.
(d) Landscaped and formed into suitable forms and rituals.
3. What did many view Italians as deserving?
(a) Everything that was beautiful and majestic.
(b) The corruption and tyrannies which infiltrate their national history.
(c) To be the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.
(d) Better than they had.
4. What did this city add to the building facades?
5. Who is Giacomo Casanova?
(a) An author.
(b) A poet.
(c) A politician.
(d) An illustrious lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do wealthy people come to Italy?
2. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
3. Italians believe that the effects of life _______________ be eliminated.
4. What causes these visitors to make the decision from number 21?
5. Upon arrival, what were nearly impossible to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must one be careful when falling in love in Italy?
2. In what activities to visitors take part?
3. How is Benito Mussolini an example of Italian showmanship gone wrong?
4. What is a part of Italy's charm? Explain this aspect.
5. What is a major reason for Italian travel?
6. What does the author say about the draw of the weather for visitors. What do you think about this?
7. For what is Baldassar Castiglione known?
8. What is the third evil spirit? Describe it.
9. Describe Cola di Rienzo.
10. How is Italian life like a play or show?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)