|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An Italian mother will care competently for her baby, but when she knows she has an audience, what will she do?
(a) Ignore the baby.
(b) Hand her baby off to strangers.
(c) Hide her baby.
(d) Exaggeratedly fondle and coo over the child.
2. With what is the magnificent structure mentioned in number 77 filled?
(a) Unhappy citizens.
(b) Selfish people.
(c) Ruthless rulers.
(d) Grand art and architecture.
3. Visitors to Italy often return when?
(b) The next year.
(c) Decades later.
(d) The next week.
4. Some of the visitors are more ______________ than the residents.
5. The surface of Italian life has many characteristics of what?
(a) A play or show.
(b) A company.
(c) A dictatorship.
(d) A law firm.
6. Everything is better when it does what?
(a) Is given the chance to grow.
(b) Sparkles and has some form of order.
(c) Is allowed to be itself.
(d) Is able to be studied by others.
7. This author is a proponent of what?
(a) Honor and duty.
(b) The current politician in power.
(c) Building wealth.
(d) Trusting fate.
8. What accounts for much of the male attention towards women in Italy?
(a) The women are threatening.
(b) The women are very beautiful.
(c) The women are intelligent.
(d) The women are very demanding.
9. Who is Guiseppe Balsamo?
(a) One of the most famous charlatans of all time.
(b) A famous artist.
(c) A famous author.
(d) One of the most famous Italian teachers.
10. Giuseppe Balsamo is a contemporary of whom?
11. To what other kind of music do visitors listen?
(a) European bands.
(b) Hugely popular bands.
(c) Small town bands.
(d) Heavy metal bands.
12. The first of the evil spirits is what?
13. Although almost everyone recognizes these minor deceptions for what they are, they are considered what?
(a) An integral part of social and professional relations.
(b) An unnecessary evil.
(c) An unnatural part of social and professional relations.
(d) An odd part of the culture.
14. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
(a) They are loud and rude.
(b) They are uncontrollable.
(c) They are disturbingly beautiful.
(d) They are scary.
15. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose knowledge of Italy's geography and culture is deep?
2. There are stories of penniless aristocratic families who live what kind of lives?
3. How do visitors attempt to speak?
4. Italy was on the route of the crusaders on their way to where?
5. What was considered an invaluable part of a person's education?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)