|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Italy is the seat of what?
(a) Art history.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Mediterranean.
2. Through the Middle Ages, who was drawn to Italy?
(a) Emperors and military leaders.
(b) The poor and needy.
(c) The homeless.
(d) The persecuted.
3. What still remains in Italy?
(c) An unexplained charm.
(d) Unhappy visitors.
4. Why do foreigners seem to have trouble with this belief in illusion?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is deceitful.
(c) It is hard to discern what is truth.
(d) It is a sin.
5. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
6. Italians believe that the effects of life _______________ be eliminated.
7. To what kind of music do visitors listen?
8. Artists of all types also flock to Italy for what reason?
(a) To find inspiration and lifestyles that will suit their tastes.
(b) To study with the best teachers.
(c) To buy supplies.
(d) To steal art work.
9. The first purpose of show is what?
(a) To make life acceptable.
(b) To make a living.
(c) To have fun.
(d) To entertain.
10. What has drawn these people to Italy?
(a) The freedom.
(b) The available housing.
(c) The inviting climate and riches.
(d) The inviting locals.
11. What drives the tourists to Italy?
(a) Inexpensive retirement.
(b) Peace and quiet.
(d) Some unknown urge.
12. What did many view Italians as deserving?
(a) Better than they had.
(b) To be the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The corruption and tyrannies which infiltrate their national history.
(d) Everything that was beautiful and majestic.
13. What kind of behavior do tourists demonstrate?
(c) Slightly frenzied.
14. From what other parts of the world do visitors come?
(a) Canada, the Middle East, and Asia.
(b) The Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
(c) Russia, China, and Iran.
(d) Russia, Africa, and Asia.
15. With what is the magnificent structure mentioned in number 77 filled?
(a) Unhappy citizens.
(b) Grand art and architecture.
(c) Ruthless rulers.
(d) Selfish people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered an invaluable part of a person's education?
2. The core of Italian belief is that life is what?
3. Possibly nowhere else on earth can these things be found and indulged in with such ____________.
4. When do tourists demonstrate the kind of behavior mentioned in number 7?
5. Visitors drink vast and indiscriminate quantities of ____________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)