|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Realism and Guicciardini, The Pursuit of Life, The Power of the Family and How to Succeed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For ages it has been the fate of the Italian people to grasp wealth and power so they achieve it through what?
(d) Hard work.
2. Author Henry James claimed that the pleasure of Italy was inseparably tied to what?
(a) Its food.
(b) Its landscape.
(c) The human element.
(d) Its architecture.
3. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
(a) Their life is like a play or show.
(b) Their life is business.
(c) They do not have control over their lives.
(d) Their life revolves around the law.
4. What did this city add to the building facades?
5. In the cases of love where a man acts as if he is irresistibly attracted to a woman, can the woman know that his actions indicate true feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. The best example of this philosophy is embodied by whom?
2. In later years, people came to the cities of Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples to do what?
3. Almost without fail, all who visit and return are drawn to what?
4. What does the author admit about most Italian girls and young women?
5. After serving two more popes, Guicciardini returns to Florence and acts as local henchman for the powerful_________________ family even though he despises them.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)