|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Illusion and Cagliostro, The Other Face of the Coin, Cola di Rienzo or the Obsession of Antiquity, and Mussolini or the Limitations of Showmanship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What still remains in Italy?
(b) An unexplained charm.
(c) Unhappy visitors.
2. One of the most prominent proponents of illusion was the author __________________.
(a) Baldassar Castiglione.
(b) Giuseppe Balsamo.
(c) Giacomo Casanova.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
3. What was one of the major reasons for Italian travel?
(d) Religious pilgrimages to Rome.
4. What did many view Italians as deserving?
(a) Better than they had.
(b) The corruption and tyrannies which infiltrate their national history.
(c) To be the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.
(d) Everything that was beautiful and majestic.
5. Italians believe that newborn babies are surrounded by what?
(a) The devil.
(c) Bad and powerful genii.
Short Answer Questions
1. In later years, people came to the cities of Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples to do what?
2. Cardinal de Rohan of France believed that Cagliostro could do what?
3. The people are even more aware of this when they know they are being observed?
4. Cagliostro is imprisoned where for a brief time?
5. The passion for ______________ allows Italians to glide over life's surface leaving the ugly part as untouched as possible.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)