|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Realism and Guicciardini, The Pursuit of Life, The Power of the Family and How to Succeed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The best example of this philosophy is embodied by whom?
(a) John Castigliola.
(b) Francesco Guicciardini.
(c) Baldassar Castiglione.
(d) Giuseppe Balsamo.
2. After serving two more popes, Guicciardini returns to Florence and acts as local henchman for the powerful_________________ family even though he despises them.
3. What did many view Italians as deserving?
(a) To be the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.
(b) Everything that was beautiful and majestic.
(c) Better than they had.
(d) The corruption and tyrannies which infiltrate their national history.
4. What causes these visitors to make the decision from number 21?
(a) They fall under the country's irresistible spell.
(b) They enjoy being in their native countries.
(c) The locals were very rude.
(d) It is warm in Italy.
5. What is one book that reigns supreme in cases of conduct?
(a) La Mimica Degli Antichi Invesigate Nel Gestire Napoletano.
(b) Codice Cavalleresco Italiano.
(c) I Ricordi.
(d) The Book of the Courtier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did this author write?
2. To what other kind of music do visitors listen?
3. Does this magnificent place serve the purpose for which it was originally intended?
4. Why was arrival by sea dangerous?
5. Visitors drink vast and indiscriminate quantities of ____________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)