|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Chapter 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his father threaten to do if Vivaldi marries Ellena?
(a) Disinherit him.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Beat him severely.
(d) Lock him in the basement.
2. How does Ellena decide to endure her suffering?
(a) Using it to compose music.
(b) By fighting back.
(c) Wailing repeatedly.
(d) With firmness and dignity.
3. What attracts Vincentio di Vivaldi to Ellena di Rosalba at first?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) The size of her wallet.
(c) Her charming demeanor.
(d) Her singing voice.
4. What does Vivaldi ascertain after observing his mother's adviser?
(a) His mother is having an affair with him.
(b) He is not the man plaguing him.
(c) The adviser is plotting to kill his mother.
(d) The adviser is very ill.
5. Who does Vivaldi encounter while leaving his mother's closet?
(b) His uncle.
(c) Her secret lover.
(d) Her secret adviser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unforgivable sin is Ellena accused of in Chapter 6?
2. What is the warning Vivaldi receives upon returning to the villa in Chapter 3?
3. What does Vivaldi's friend suggest he do near the end of Chapter 1?
4. What benefit does Ellena gain after meeting Olivia?
5. Where does Ellena decide to board for sanctuary?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)