|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Chapter 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivaldi's friend suggest he do near the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Serenade Ellena.
(b) Take a long nap.
(c) Buy Ellena's villa.
(d) Leave the country.
2. What does Vivaldi accuse his mother's adviser of in Chapter 4?
(a) Stealing Vivaldi's music.
(b) Slandering Ellena to his mother.
(c) Spying on the Vivaldi family.
(d) Being a thief.
3. What benefit does Ellena gain after meeting Olivia?
(a) A letter from Vivaldi.
(b) A room with a beautiful view.
(c) Access to forbidden fruit.
(d) A large cask of wine.
4. Who does Vivaldi join when he nears a convent to avoid suspicion?
(a) A group of pilgrims.
(b) A military legion.
(c) The circus.
(d) A traveling band.
5. What does Vivaldi hear Ellena singing when he returns to the villa alone after Bonarmo refuses to accompany him?
(a) The Italian national anthem.
(b) A religious hymn.
(c) An opera.
(d) The song he serenaded her with.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Beatrice, what does Vivaldi not want her to mention to Ellena?
2. What do Vivaldi's mother and her adviser decide to do after Vivaldi has left her apartments in Chapter 4?
3. What does Vivaldi learn when he arrives at the convent?
4. What does Olivia promise to help Ellena do, despite risk of punishment?
5. Near the end of Chapter 3, what does Ellena promise to tell Vivaldi the following week?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)