|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does the tribunal want from the mysterious monk in Chapter 28?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His hometown.
(c) The monk's identity and proof of his statement.
(d) Ellena's location.
2. What do the nuns try and do for Ellena when she arrives at the convent in Chapter 25?
(a) Dispel her sorrow.
(b) Make her sing for them.
(c) Take her to Vivaldi.
(d) Take her to a doctor.
3. What does Ellena do upon discovering the monk's identity?
(a) Laughs uncontrollably.
(b) Faints to the ground.
(c) Weeps joyously.
(d) Cries out in horror.
4. What does Schedoni do when Vivaldi questions him?
(a) Ignores his questions.
(b) Flees the church.
(c) Answers his questions fully.
(d) Charges Vivaldi with a sword.
5. What does Schedoni question the guide about after a sleepless night in Chapter 23?
(a) A remedy for insomnia.
(c) His opinion of Ellena.
(d) The day's weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schedoni believe his first step must be in obtaining his desires in Chapter 21?
2. The monk discusses a confession with Vivaldi in Vivaldi's cell in Chapter 25. Where is that confession made?
3. What does Vivaldi relate to the tribunal even though he doesn't believe it?
4. Why does Ellena admonish the abbess?
5. What does Schedoni claim Vivaldi has been saved from in Chapter 24?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)