|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivaldi learn when he arrives at the convent?
(a) He has won the lottery.
(b) A nun is about to be confessed.
(c) Ellena is dead.
(d) His friend has been executed.
2. Why is Vivaldi's mother displeased with her son when she returns to her apartment?
(a) The unattended chores.
(b) The state of her apartment.
(c) His display of emotions.
(d) His manner of dress.
3. What does the narrator say about Schedoni that would have made Ellena join the convent immediately if she had known the truth?
(a) His true character.
(b) He instructed her to serve God.
(c) His place in the hierarchy of the Church.
(d) A letter she received from him.
4. Why does the abbess hint at punishing Ellena?
(a) Her manner of dress.
(b) The chores she has not completed.
(c) Her snide comments.
(d) Her refusal to accept the veil.
5. What does Schedoni believe his first step must be in obtaining his desires in Chapter 21?
(a) Fleeing the country.
(b) Capturing Spaltaro.
(c) Killing the Marchesa di Vivaldi.
(d) Freeing Vivaldi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Schedoni come to that causes him agony and remorse?
2. Where does Vivaldi visit upon returning home in Chapter 4?
3. What does Ellena request from Spalatro?
4. When questioned, what does Paulo assert about his master in Chapter 26?
5. What does Schedoni admit about Nicola in Chapter 28?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)