|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellena admonish the abbess?
(a) For the lack of food she was given.
(b) The tightness of the bindings holding her.
(c) For the unfair treatment of servants.
(d) For lacking respect for Ellena's precepts of a holy religion.
2. Who does the Marchesa question about the rumor's validity?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The local sheriff.
(c) Her secret advisor.
(d) Her son's friend, Bonarmo.
3. What is Marchesa di Vivaldi worried about in Chapter 14?
(a) A troubling letter she receives.
(b) Her lack of money.
(c) Her son wounding her pride.
(d) Growing old.
4. Who is Ellena enchanted by on the fifth day of her captivity at the convent of San Stefano?
(a) The spirit of the devil.
(b) The dark haired man she is to marry.
(c) Vivaldi's servant Paulo.
(d) A nun singing hymns.
5. What does Paulo fear about the man he and Vivaldi are hunting?
(a) He is of supernatural origins.
(b) He is a government spy.
(c) He is carrying disease.
(d) He is Vivaldi's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vivaldi suspect is plaguing him in Chapter 3?
2. What does Vivaldi question Paulo about in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Schedoni plot to send Ellena?
4. What is Vivaldi urging Ellena to do at the start of Chapter 16?
5. What realization does Schedoni come to that causes him agony and remorse?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)