|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vivaldi suspect is plaguing him in Chapter 3?
(a) Ellena's aunt.
(b) The friar.
(c) Her mother's secret adviser.
(d) His friend Bonarmo.
2. What realization does Schedoni come to that causes him agony and remorse?
(a) He believes he is Ellena's father.
(b) He has lost all his money.
(c) Ellena has killed his dog.
(d) Ellena has committed suicide.
3. What does Schedoni do when Vivaldi questions him?
(a) Charges Vivaldi with a sword.
(b) Flees the church.
(c) Ignores his questions.
(d) Answers his questions fully.
4. Why does the abbess hint at punishing Ellena?
(a) Her snide comments.
(b) Her manner of dress.
(c) Her refusal to accept the veil.
(d) The chores she has not completed.
5. Who does the Marchesa question about the rumor's validity?
(a) Her son's friend, Bonarmo.
(b) The local sheriff.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her secret advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was once the Count Di Bruno?
2. What rumor does Vivaldi's mother hear in Chapter 14?
3. What can Ellena not help doing when Vivaldi joins her in song?
4. Who does Vivaldi join when he nears a convent to avoid suspicion?
5. What do Vivaldi and Paulo find when attempting to leave the monastery?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)