|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marchesa di Vivaldi worried about in Chapter 14?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Her son wounding her pride.
(c) A troubling letter she receives.
(d) Growing old.
2. What can Ellena not help doing when Vivaldi joins her in song?
(b) Running away.
(d) Covering her ears.
3. What does Vivaldi's father claim on the subject of Ellena's disappearance?
(a) Ignorance of the matter.
(b) He was the mastermind of the operation.
(c) It was his son's fault.
(d) That she has not disappeared.
4. What does Spaltaro allow Ellena to do before dinner?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Pray in a chapel.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Write to Vivaldi.
5. What does Schedoni instruct Spaltaro to do to Ellena in Chapter 20?
(a) Make sure she has food.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Set her free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vivaldi encounter while leaving his mother's closet?
2. When Paulo tells him of the man in white garb, who does Vivaldi think the man is?
3. What does Olivia suggest Ellena do to avoid further abuse?
4. What punishment is suggested for Ellena in Chapter 14?
5. What does Vivaldi's father accuse him of doing to Ellena?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)