|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Vivaldi discover upon entering Ellena's house in Chapter 3?
(a) Ellena has another suitor.
(b) Her aunt has died.
(c) Ellena has fled the country.
(d) The house has burned to the ground.
2. What can Ellena not help doing when Vivaldi joins her in song?
(b) Covering her ears.
(d) Running away.
3. Near the end of Chapter 3, what does Ellena promise to tell Vivaldi the following week?
(a) The location of a buried treasure.
(b) Who her parents are.
(c) Her decision about marriage.
(d) Her real name.
4. What is the warning Vivaldi receives upon returning to the villa in Chapter 3?
(a) I'm going to kill you!
(b) Death is in the house!
(c) The sky is falling!
(d) A flood is coming!
5. What does Vivaldi hear Ellena singing when he returns to the villa alone after Bonarmo refuses to accompany him?
(a) The Italian national anthem.
(b) A religious hymn.
(c) The song he serenaded her with.
(d) An opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Beatrice, what does Vivaldi not want her to mention to Ellena?
2. Who does Olivia tell Ellena she resembles?
3. When Paulo tells him of the man in white garb, who does Vivaldi think the man is?
4. What does Vivaldi learn when he arrives at the convent?
5. What is the response of the monk Ellena appeals to for protection?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)