|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ellena enchanted by on the fifth day of her captivity at the convent of San Stefano?
(a) A nun singing hymns.
(b) The dark haired man she is to marry.
(c) Vivaldi's servant Paulo.
(d) The spirit of the devil.
2. How long is Ellena's journey in Chapter 18?
(a) Two days and two nights.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Six months.
3. When Paulo tells him of the man in white garb, who does Vivaldi think the man is?
(a) A famous painter.
(b) Paulo's father.
(c) The man who is plaguing him.
(d) An angel sent from God.
4. What time of day do Vivaldi and Paulo enter Rome?
(b) Late afternoon.
5. What does Olivia suggest Ellena do to avoid further abuse?
(a) Escape through the window.
(b) Feign compliance with the abbess.
(c) Pray to God for forgiveness.
(d) Commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivaldi expect to happen when he meets the Chief Officer?
2. What does Olivia leave for Ellena in her room?
3. What choice is given to Ellena in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Ellena suspect Spalatro is?
5. Where does the tribunal send Vivaldi at the end of Chapter 27?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)