|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will no one tell Vivaldi about the mysterious monk in Chapter 26?
(a) How he got there.
(b) The status of his health.
(c) Who he is.
(d) His feelings about Vivaldi.
2. In Chapter 18, what does Ellena's room contain that she is unaware of?
(a) A noiseless door.
(b) A large spider.
(c) A colony of fire ants.
(d) The ghost of her aunt.
3. What event is happening in Rome in Chapter 17?
(a) A riot.
(b) A musical concert.
(c) A crucifixion.
(d) A carnival.
4. What does Ellena request from Spalatro?
(a) Food and water.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A rosary.
(d) Her freedom.
5. What does Olivia suggest Ellena do to avoid further abuse?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Pray to God for forgiveness.
(c) Feign compliance with the abbess.
(d) Escape through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Ellena's journey take her?
2. What is Vivaldi told when he summons the jailer to detain the monk in Chapter 27?
3. What does the sentinel do when Vivaldi questions him about the visitor in his cell?
4. What does Vivaldi relate to the tribunal even though he doesn't believe it?
5. What benefit does Ellena gain after meeting Olivia?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)