|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the court of the Inquisition remind Vivaldi they are merciful to in Chapter 17?
(a) Those who confess.
(b) The very talented.
(c) True love.
(d) The extremely rich.
2. Where does the tribunal send Vivaldi at the end of Chapter 27?
(a) To another tribunal.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Back to his cell.
(d) His hometown.
3. Where are Vivaldi and Paulo taken at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) To a local inn.
(b) Vivaldi's home.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The jail at St. Peters.
4. In Chapter 26, what does the monk tell Vivaldi he will witness during the next day's questioning?
(a) A murder.
(b) An act of God.
(c) Many extraordinary things.
(d) A beautiful opera.
5. Why does Ellena admonish the abbess?
(a) For the lack of food she was given.
(b) The tightness of the bindings holding her.
(c) For lacking respect for Ellena's precepts of a holy religion.
(d) For the unfair treatment of servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Olivia tell Ellena she resembles?
2. What does Vivaldi relate to the tribunal even though he doesn't believe it?
3. When Paulo tells him of the man in white garb, who does Vivaldi think the man is?
4. Who does Ellena suspect Spalatro is?
5. When questioned, what does Paulo assert about his master in Chapter 26?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)