|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Ellena several times during the night in Chapter 18?
(a) A figure approaching the bed.
(b) The screams of other prisoners.
(d) The darkness.
2. In Chapter 18, where does Ellena's journey take her?
(a) The plains of Apulia.
(b) Vivaldi's family home.
(c) An abandoned building.
(d) Her hometown.
3. What does the sentinel do when Vivaldi questions him about the visitor in his cell?
(a) Slaps Vivaldi in the face.
(b) Laughs harshly.
(c) He denies anyone was there.
(d) He says it was a ghost.
4. Who does Olivia tell Ellena she resembles?
(a) Someone she once knew.
(b) The family dog.
(c) Her great aunt Tabitha.
(d) The Venus di Milo.
5. What benefit does Ellena gain after meeting Olivia?
(a) A letter from Vivaldi.
(b) Access to forbidden fruit.
(c) A large cask of wine.
(d) A room with a beautiful view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivaldi tell the tribunal about the monk in Chapter 27?
2. The monk discusses a confession with Vivaldi in Vivaldi's cell in Chapter 25. Where is that confession made?
3. What does Vivaldi receive in return for relating the monk's words to the tribunal?
4. What does Vivaldi expect to happen when he meets the Chief Officer?
5. What will no one tell Vivaldi about the mysterious monk in Chapter 26?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)