|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many potentates will Aubrey have to deal with on his new ship?
2. What does Thornton tell captains in the blockade to do once the French have broken through?
3. How does Aubrey combat his loneliness when Maturin is gone?
4. How does Aubrey describe Sciahan?
5. Who disagrees with Aubrey about Mustapha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)