|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different on every ship?
2. What does Aubrey forbid his men to do when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
3. Why is Thornton angry with Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
4. What ship is Aubrey given command of when Thornton heads for home?
5. Why does Aubrey not think Ismail can win?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is strange about the relationship between Maturin and his wife, and what bearing does this have on his career?
Essay Topic 2
What caused Thornton to retire, and what were the reactions to this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Where is comic relief present in the book, and how did these instances affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)