|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Worcester declared when it gets to the meeting point after the conflict at the blockade?
2. What kind of harbor is a French consort anchored in?
3. Why does Aubrey make a certain restriction when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
4. Where does Aubrey take Maturin after leaving Mercedes?
5. What does Maturin call the clandestine rendezvous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)