|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe his mission on the Worcester as part of his career?
2. What is Aubrey's first name?
3. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
4. What is Graham's job on the ship?
5. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
2. Why does Aubrey get so excited when he sees Latham and his ship join the blockade?
3. Why does Thornton choose to focus so much on the Ionian region?
4. Why is Aubrey so disappointed when the leaves the harbor where the French Consort was anchored?
5. Why is it so surprising that Aubrey is able to defeat Mustapha?
6. What about Martin does Maturin not like, and what does he do about this?
7. What does Aubrey do for the ship that impresses his crew?
8. What does Aubrey do to try and save the sinking Worcester?
9. What does Mustapha do when he hears Aubrey has aligned himself with Sciahan?
10. What does Aubrey like about Davis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)