|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diminishes Martin's love for the Navy?
(a) Seeing a man die.
(b) Going thirsty at sea.
(c) Witnessing floggings.
(d) Getting shot at.
2. What is the name of Dundas's ship?
3. Who is badly injured after the run-in with the Jemmapes?
4. How does Maturin feel about Aubrey?
(a) They were enemies in the past.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are complete opposites.
5. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
(a) It was used by pirates for some time.
(b) Many people recognize it readily.
(c) Many corners were cut in the building of it.
(d) It has many guns on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
2. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
3. What is the name of Maturin's wife?
4. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
5. What is Latham's ship called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
2. Why does Graham opt for a long negotiation in the Ionian Region?
3. How do the crew feel about the Worcester, and why?
4. What daring move does Aubrey make to defeat Mustapha at the end of the book?
5. Please explain the relationship between Maturin and his wife.
6. What do the men on the Worcester think of Aubrey when they leave the harbor where the French consort is anchored?
7. Why do the crewmen of the Worcester not want to transport Parsons?
8. What happens when Maturin boards the Worcester?
9. Why is Aubrey so disappointed when the leaves the harbor where the French Consort was anchored?
10. What does Aubrey think of Ismail Bey?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)