|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maturin called away to?
2. How do the crew feel during the blockade duty?
3. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
4. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He seems friendly.
(b) He has no nautical skill.
(c) He is still angry with Aubrey.
(d) He has seen this man before.
5. What happens when the crew fires on the first practice session?
(a) The sparks are in colors.
(b) The balls don't go far.
(c) They aim at birds.
(d) They almost sink the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
2. How does Maturin feel about Aubrey?
3. Why does Maturin live away from his wife when he is in town?
4. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
5. Why does Rowan come aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the crew feel about the Worcester, and why?
2. What kind of illness does Aubrey battle while Maturin is away?
3. Why does Aubrey refuse to fire on the French ship anchored in the harbor?
4. What causes the Jemmapes to flee from the altercation with the Worcester?
5. Why is Aubrey so disappointed when the leaves the harbor where the French Consort was anchored?
6. What does Aubrey do to try and save the sinking Worcester?
7. What destroys the Worcester in the end?
8. What format is Chapter 4 set up in?
9. What is the political climate like in the Ionian Region at this time?
10. What does Aubrey think of Sciahan Bey?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)