|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(b) New Hampshire.
2. How does Aubrey feel about Dundas?
(a) He distrusts him.
(b) He doesn't have strong feelings either way?
(c) He hates him.
(d) He likes him.
3. Where is the Worcester heading after leaving England?
(a) The Baltic.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Indies.
4. Who gets mad about the treatment of the birds that land on the ship?
5. What does Aubrey call his biggest burden as a captain?
(a) The crew.
(b) A storm.
(c) His seasickness.
(d) All the paperwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
2. What is Aubrey's title in the Navy?
3. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
4. How does Aubrey know Babbington so well?
5. How does Aubrey describe his mission on the Worcester as part of his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aubrey's first mission on his new ship?
2. What do Maturin and Martin have in common, and what do they do together?
3. What happens when a strong wind blows birds over the ship?
4. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission he does when he first takes command of the blockade?
5. What do the men on the Worcester think of Aubrey when they leave the harbor where the French consort is anchored?
6. What does blockade duty entail?
7. What causes the delay of the powder promised to Sciahan?
8. What competition is held on Aubrey's new ship, and who wins?
9. Please explain the relationship between Maturin and his wife.
10. Why is is so hard for Aubrey to make an agreement with Sciahan at first?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)