|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
(a) Practice powder.
(d) Spare wood.
2. Why does Aubrey like Latham's ship so much?
(a) It used to be his ship.
(b) He likes Latham.
(c) It means relief for his ship.
(d) He knows it will have brought mail.
3. What composer do Aubrey and Maturin discuss?
4. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He has no nautical skill.
(b) He is still angry with Aubrey.
(c) He has seen this man before.
(d) He seems friendly.
5. What kind of birds flocks over the blockade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
2. Why do the officers on the Worcester dislike Maturin?
3. Why does Rowan come aboard the ship?
4. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
5. Where is Graham specifically educated about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maturin boards the Worcester?
2. What does blockade duty entail?
3. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission he does when he first takes command of the blockade?
4. Why does Aubrey avoid Maturin when he first comes aboard the ship?
5. What causes the delay of the powder promised to Sciahan?
6. How does Aubrey feel when the Worcester is declared as unseawothy?
7. What daring move does Aubrey make to defeat Mustapha at the end of the book?
8. What does Aubrey think of Mustapha?
9. Why does Aubrey get so excited when he sees Latham and his ship join the blockade?
10. What news does Harte bring to Aubrey?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)