|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maturin supposed to meet with at the clandestine rendezvous?
(a) French turncoats.
(b) Neutral rebels.
(c) British spies.
(d) Spanish allies.
2. Why does Harte give Aubrey the mission of meeting with the potentates?
(a) He hates Aubrey.
(b) He wants Aubrey out of the way.
(c) He knows Aubrey will succeed.
(d) He needs an opening in the blockade.
3. What does Aubrey do to win the battle with the Kitabi?
(a) Boards the ship.
(b) Sinks the ship.
(c) Makes a new deal with Mustapha.
(d) Sets fire to the ship.
4. How does Davis view being under Aubrey's command?
(a) It is the quickest way to promotion.
(b) It is just another post.
(c) It is embarrassing.
(d) It is a privilege.
5. How does Aubrey combat his loneliness when Maturin is gone?
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Does practice runs.
(c) Doubles his watch times.
6. Why does Aubrey make a certain restriction when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
(a) It would ruin the plan.
(b) He knows he can't take them.
(c) It would put them behind schedule.
(d) He doesn't want to ruin the harbor's neutrality.
7. What is different on every ship?
(a) The sail mechanisms.
(b) The ropes and knots.
(c) The kind of wood.
(d) The layout.
8. Who is wounded at the clandestine rendezvous?
9. What does the crew have to pay most attention to during a storm?
(a) The sails.
(b) The leaks.
(c) The cargo hold.
(d) The mast.
10. What causes the mistakes Maturin has to cover up when he is back with Aubrey?
(a) Unexperienced agents.
(b) Bad weather.
(d) A spy.
11. Why does Graham think negotiations in the Ionian Region should be extensive?
(a) It will raise the price of their help.
(b) It will buy them time.
(c) It will prove their fairness and equality.
(d) It will look better for Brittain.
12. What is Thornton desperate for after his time on the blockade?
(a) Some combat.
(b) To be on land.
(c) Word from his family.
13. What shatters the internal structure of the Worcester?
(a) Pounding waves.
(b) A cannon.
(c) An internal explosion.
(d) The falling mast.
14. How many ships does Aubrey take with his as he heads to meet with the potentates?
15. What does Aubrey forbid his men to do when entering the harbor where the French are anchored?
(a) Make a sound.
(b) Fly their flag.
(c) Fire first.
(d) Shine any lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thornton angry with Aubrey when he returns to the blockade?
2. Why did things not go as expected for Aubrey when he went into the harbor with the French consort?
3. Who owns the Kitabi?
4. What marks Aubrey's victory against Mustapha?
5. How does Aubrey describe Mustapha?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)