|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey describe Mustapha?
2. How does Aubrey describe Sciahan?
3. What does Thornton threaten Aubrey with when he returns to the blockade?
(a) A demotion.
(b) A court marshall.
(c) A flogging.
(d) A fine.
4. Who is Aubrey commanded to deliver on his new ship?
5. What does Graham dislike about Aubrey's decision in the Ionian Region?
(a) It was not binding.
(b) It was not beneficial.
(c) It was not commanded.
(d) It was too impetuous.
6. Why does Aubrey not think Ismail can win?
(a) He has no loyalties.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He has no military skills.
(d) He worries too much about his children.
7. How did Aubrey once save Davis?
(a) He saved him from drowning.
(b) He stopped an execution.
(c) He kept him from committing suicide.
(d) He fought off an attack on Davis.
8. How does Harte feel about Aubrey?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He is suspicious of him.
9. What causes the mistakes Maturin has to cover up when he is back with Aubrey?
(b) Unexperienced agents.
(c) A spy.
(d) Bad weather.
10. What does Thornton tell captains in the blockade to do once the French have broken through?
(a) Act independantly.
(b) Enact the spy catcher plan.
(c) Keep the blockade.
(d) Follow his lead.
11. Who rescues Graham?
12. What do the "old timers" on the ship say about Aubrey when he leaves the harbor with the French consort?
(a) He is too bold.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is following orders.
(d) He is a coward.
13. What will the potentates bargain for?
(a) French land.
14. How does Aubrey know Mercedes?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They were at school together.
(c) They are business associates.
(d) They are old lovers.
15. What does the crew have to pay most attention to during a storm?
(a) The sails.
(b) The leaks.
(c) The mast.
(d) The cargo hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the better part of valor?
2. What kind of regions is Aubrey told to be delicate around?
3. What ship does Aubrey take with him on his new duty after leaving the blockade?
4. What is Davis's first name?
5. What does Aubrey do on the day he meets with Sciahan?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)