|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guns are on the Jemmapes?
2. What is Graham's job on the ship?
(b) Political advisor.
(c) War strategist.
3. What is Mowett's title in the Navy?
(a) Second Lieutenant.
4. Why do the crew not want to deliver people to destinations?
(a) Their ship is already too crowded.
(b) Admirals will be watching their every move.
(c) Parsons bring bad luck.
(d) They have less food to eat.
5. Why does Rowan come aboard the ship?
(a) As a trade for Somers.
(b) To get proper training.
(c) To help with the birds.
(d) As a punishment.
6. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(d) All of these.
7. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
(a) He seems to have improved overnight.
(b) He has always been very energetic.
(c) It seems as though he is hiding something.
(d) He saw all the medicines he is taking.
8. How does Thornton feel about ship visiting?
(a) He encourages it.
(b) He says it depends on which ships do it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He doesn't care.
9. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
(a) A cold front.
(b) Strange currents.
(c) Strong winds.
(d) An insect hoarde.
10. What kind of people will the Worcester deliver to destinations?
11. Who is England at conflict with in this book?
12. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
13. What does the crew of the Jemmapes fear when Aubrey fires on them?
(a) They are being attacked by pirates.
(b) They are breaking a treaty.
(c) They have a new secret weapon.
(d) A dead man is the captain.
14. Who gets mad about the treatment of the birds that land on the ship?
15. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
(a) Many people recognize it readily.
(b) It was used by pirates for some time.
(c) Many corners were cut in the building of it.
(d) It has many guns on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dundas's ship?
2. Why does Aubrey like Latham's ship so much?
3. How do the crew feel during the blockade duty?
4. Why do birds land on the ship?
5. Who is badly injured after the run-in with the Jemmapes?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)