|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region is Thornton most worried about with the blockade?
(a) The Baltic region.
(b) The French region.
(c) The Mediterranean region.
(d) The Ionian region.
2. Where is Graham from?
3. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
(a) Practice powder.
(c) Spare wood.
4. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
(b) Go to the theater.
(c) Listen to him read.
(d) Throw parties.
5. What does Maturin try to teach Graham about?
(a) Nautical elements.
(b) British history.
6. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He has no nautical skill.
(b) He is still angry with Aubrey.
(c) He seems friendly.
(d) He has seen this man before.
7. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
(a) So the crew can practice shooting.
(b) So he can sail according to Navy restrictions.
(c) So they look the part.
(d) So he can rest easy.
8. Where does the Worcester make her first stop?
(c) New Hampshire.
9. What is Pullings' title in the Navy?
(a) Senior Lieutenant.
10. What do the officers gossip about while at the first stop?
(a) All of these.
(b) The personalities of the crew.
(c) Other officers.
(d) What the mission will be.
11. How does Maturin protect Yeats?
(a) He gives him the early shift.
(b) He assigns him as his assistant.
(c) He puts him in the brig.
(d) He declares him medically unfit.
12. What forces the Worcester to leave the blockade?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A court ruling.
(c) A battle.
(d) A storm.
13. What is Latham's ship called?
14. What causes a crew member to be so disobedient to the order about the birds?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is hungry.
15. What do the crew do when the birds land on the ship?
(a) Kick and stomp on them.
(b) Kill them for food.
(c) Capture them in cages.
(d) Throw them overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin's wife describe his habits?
2. How is Maturin embarrassed when he first boards the Worcester?
3. Why is Aubrey so worried about Thornton's health?
4. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
5. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)