|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Being late.
(b) Not having luggage.
(c) Making the Captain mad.
(d) Not having his official papers.
2. What kind of patient is Maturin?
(a) Patient and kind.
(b) Impatient and angry.
(c) Scared and nervous.
(d) Loud and painful.
3. What has earned the Worcester its nick-name?
(a) It was used by pirates for some time.
(b) Many people recognize it readily.
(c) Many corners were cut in the building of it.
(d) It has many guns on it.
4. What do the crew do when the birds land on the ship?
(a) Kill them for food.
(b) Kick and stomp on them.
(c) Capture them in cages.
(d) Throw them overboard.
5. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
(a) Interviews the crew.
(b) Takes a long sleep.
(c) Inventories all the provisions.
(d) Inspects every room.
6. How does Maturin feel about Aubrey?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are complete opposites.
(d) They were enemies in the past.
7. What does Aubrey spend a small fortune on for the ship?
(a) New uniforms.
(c) New guns.
(d) Water barrels.
8. What hits Maturin on the head?
(a) A brick.
(b) A block of wood.
(c) A water barrel.
(d) A cannon.
9. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) He has a terminal disease.
(b) His wife is sick.
(c) He is losing his memory.
(d) He is deep in debt.
10. What is Maturin's occupation?
11. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
(a) Go to the theater.
(c) Listen to him read.
(d) Throw parties.
12. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He needs a favorable wind.
(b) He is waiting for his paper.
(c) He needs the all clear signal.
(d) He is waiting for Maturin.
13. What does Maturin say his wife does brilliantly?
(a) Read his writing out loud.
(b) Throw dinner parties.
(c) Have patience with him.
(d) Dress herself.
14. Where is Maturin called away to?
15. What does Aubrey dislike about his father?
(a) His political impropriety.
(b) His treatment of his new wife.
(c) All of these.
(d) His debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the flock of birds to fly over the blockade?
2. What composer do Aubrey and Maturin discuss?
3. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
4. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
5. What does Yeats say will ruin him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)