|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the officers gossip about while at the first stop?
(a) All of these.
(b) Other officers.
(c) The personalities of the crew.
(d) What the mission will be.
2. Why does Aubrey delay setting sail on the Worcester?
(a) He needs the all clear signal.
(b) He needs a favorable wind.
(c) He is waiting for Maturin.
(d) He is waiting for his paper.
3. How does Aubrey feel when Maturin is called away?
4. How does the narrator describe Maturin?
(a) All of these.
5. How does Aubrey feel about Dundas?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He distrusts him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He doesn't have strong feelings either way?
6. What does Mowett scold Maturin for on the ship?
(a) Making the Captain mad.
(b) Not having his official papers.
(c) Not having luggage.
(d) Being late.
7. What is the name of Dundas's ship?
8. How does Thornton feel about ship visiting?
(a) He says it depends on which ships do it.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He encourages it.
9. What is Aubrey's main personal problem?
(a) He has a terminal disease.
(b) His wife is sick.
(c) He is deep in debt.
(d) He is losing his memory.
10. How does Maturin protect Yeats?
(a) He assigns him as his assistant.
(b) He declares him medically unfit.
(c) He gives him the early shift.
(d) He puts him in the brig.
11. What do the crew dislike most about the Worcester?
(a) She is slow.
(b) She is leaky.
(c) She is moldy.
(d) She is old.
12. Where is the Worcester heading after leaving England?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Baltic.
(c) The Indies.
(d) The Red Sea.
13. Where is Graham from?
14. What does Aubrey say the Navy does not stock their ships well with?
(a) Practice powder.
(c) Spare wood.
15. Why do birds land on the ship?
(a) They need food.
(b) They need a rest.
(c) They see water.
(d) They think the mast is a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone get mad about how the crew treats the birds that land on the ship?
2. What is the Worcester crew made up of?
3. What about Graham is said to be nearly perfect?
4. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
5. What does the narrator say Graham is bereft of?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)