|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latham's ship called?
2. What is the nick-name of the Worcester?
(a) One of the Forty Thieves.
(b) The Avenger.
(c) The Bait and Thief.
(d) The Trap.
3. Why does Thornton choose to go home after the conflict at the blockade?
(a) He is too weary to continue.
(b) His contracted time at duty has lapsed.
(c) He lost the battle.
(d) He has been ordered to do so.
4. What kind of regions is Aubrey told to be delicate around?
(a) The friendly regions.
(b) The neutral regions.
(c) The enemy regions.
(d) The allied regions.
5. Why does Maturin take pity on Yeats?
(a) He seems friendly.
(b) He has no nautical skill.
(c) He has seen this man before.
(d) He is still angry with Aubrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Davis very skilled in?
2. What does Thornton threaten Aubrey with when he returns to the blockade?
3. Where will Aubrey go if he refuses the post on the Worcester?
4. What do the "old timers" on the ship say about Aubrey when he leaves the harbor with the French consort?
5. Why does Aubrey spend a small fortune of his own money on something for the ship?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)