|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a crew member to be so disobedient to the order about the birds?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is drunk.
2. Where do the French escape into after the conflict at the blockade?
(b) A port.
(c) A Harbor.
(d) A coral reef.
3. What diminishes Martin's love for the Navy?
(a) Seeing a man die.
(b) Going thirsty at sea.
(c) Getting shot at.
(d) Witnessing floggings.
4. What does Aubrey do before setting sail across the sea?
(a) Interviews the crew.
(b) Inventories all the provisions.
(c) Inspects every room.
(d) Takes a long sleep.
5. What does Maturin's wife like to do?
(a) Go to the theater.
(b) Listen to him read.
(d) Throw parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer do Aubrey and Maturin discuss?
2. How does Maturin feel about Aubrey?
3. What does Aubrey dislike about his father?
4. Who is Maturin supposed to meet with at the clandestine rendezvous?
5. What allows the French to break through the blockade?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)