|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pascal is promoted, what ship is he assigned to?
(a) The Loyal John.
(b) The Pequod.
(c) The Royal George.
(d) The John Bull.
2. What does "Embrenche" mean?
(a) A respected leader of the community.
(b) An outcast.
(c) A slave.
(d) A good dancer.
3. What do some people say after the problems on the way from New Providence to Georgia?
(a) That their problems are a punishment from God for trading in slaves.
(b) That Phillips's crew is cursed.
(c) That Equiano sabotaged the ship.
(d) That Phillips is a good captain.
4. What happens to the first season of crops at Dr. Irving's plantation?
(a) Half the crop is burned down by the Spanish.
(b) Half the crop is washed away during the rainy season.
(c) Half the crop is eaten by crows.
(d) The entire crop is burned down by the French.
5. At the end of his long overland journey in Africa, where does Equiano arrive?
(a) The eastern sea coast.
(b) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(c) Cairo, Egypt.
(d) The western sea coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Equiano think are "magic" when he sees a town built by white people for the first time?
2. Why does Equiano stop eating on the slave ship?
3. Why do the natives like Dr. Irving?
4. What happens to Equiano on shipboard on October 6?
5. After a trip to the West Indies in 1771, what profession does Equiano follow for about two years, before going back to sea?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)