|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Irving and Equiano start their plantation, what happens to the boat they send off to trade?
(a) It is captured by the French.
(b) It wrecks after a careless crew member curses it.
(c) It is captured by the Spanish.
(d) Slaves hijack the boat and take it back to Africa.
2. Where do Equiano and the rest of the rescue mission head to try to get help?
(a) St. Croix.
(b) New Providence.
(d) The Bahamas.
3. When Equiano is sick in London, what treatment does the doctor recommend that Equiano refuses?
(a) Amputation of his left leg.
(b) Blood transfusion.
(c) Surgery to remove a tumor.
4. What else goes wrong with the Sierra Leone project?
(a) The ships all wreck because sailors curse them.
(b) The ships get lost.
(c) The former slaves decide they don't want to go back to Africa.
(d) Many of the slaves die because there aren't adequate provisions.
5. On the ship Nancy in 1766, where does Equiano go and make a lot of money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Phillips give that would have cost the lives of many slaves?
2. After accidentally killing an animal with a pebble, what does Equiano do?
3. What does Equiano become convinced is necessary for salvation?
4. Why does Equiano sail to so many places in the Atlantic?
5. Why does Equiano fight with other boys on board ship after he is bought by Pascal?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)