|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Equiano say that Biblical scholars have said about Africans?
(a) That they are evil.
(b) That they are descended from Abraham.
(c) That they were created to be slaves.
(d) That they were created separately from Adam and Eve.
2. What kind of work do most Eboe people do?
(a) Diamond mining.
(c) They are servants for rich white settlers from England.
(d) Factory work.
3. Where do Equiano and the rest of the rescue mission head to try to get help?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) New Providence.
(c) St. Croix.
4. What sign is used to mark an Embrenche?
(a) A silver badge.
(b) A headdress of feathers.
(c) A red armband.
(d) A scar on the forehead.
5. Who is Equiano sold to by the owner who first took him to the West Indies?
(a) Robert King.
(b) Richard Baker.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Equiano is kidnapped, what do the kidnappers do to keep him quiet?
2. How does it happen that the French attack the English on the way back across the Atlantic?
3. What does the island where Equiano's new owner takes him have a reputation for?
4. How does Pascal keep Equiano on the ship when he is going to collect their naval pay?
5. What happens to Equiano on shipboard on October 6?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)