|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Equiano see while doing his job at the battle at Gibraltar?
(a) Frenchmen sneaking onto the ship with sticks of dynamite.
(b) Butterflies landing on the deck.
(c) Many men who are blown up right in front of him.
(d) Hundreds of English sailors sneaking off the ship in life boats.
2. What sight does Equiano find strange in Turkey?
(a) Women wearing veils.
(b) Slaves wearing veils.
(c) Turkeys roaming the streets freely because they are sacred.
(d) Men wearing veils.
3. Why does King tell Equiano that he plans to sell him?
(a) Because King is going bankrupt and has no choice.
(b) Because King heard that Equiano plans to run away.
(c) Because King can't stand the heat on Montserrat and is moving back to England.
(d) Because King thinks Equiano would be happier somewhere else.
4. After a trip to the West Indies in 1771, what profession does Equiano follow for about two years, before going back to sea?
(c) French horn playing.
5. What important change does Equiano's new religious faith produce?
(a) He is no longer afraid to die.
(b) He no longer wants to live in England.
(c) He no longer wants to be a hairdresser.
(d) He no longer wants to be a bachelor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reputation does Equiano's second owner in the West Indies have?
2. During the cannon battle against the French at Gibraltar, which of the following amazes Equiano?
3. What island in the West Indies does Equiano's new owner take him to?
4. When Pascal is promoted, what ship is he assigned to?
5. How do Equiano's shipmates feel about Pascal selling him?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)