|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the Eboe's living arrangements?
(a) Men and women live separately except for the first three years they are married.
(b) Every married couple has their own house, but single people and children all live in one big dormitory.
(c) Men and women have separate living quarters.
(d) Women and children live indoors, but men sleep outside in hammocks.
2. What kind of work do most Eboe people do?
(b) They are servants for rich white settlers from England.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Factory work.
3. How does Equiano describe the living conditions of most slaves in the West Indies?
(a) Not any worse than anywhere else.
(b) Better than anywhere else Equiano has been, because the weather is so nice and the slaves are allowed to spend Saturdays on the beaches.
(c) About the same as the living conditions of the slave owners.
(d) Filthy and unhealthy.
4. Who is Equiano sold to by the owner who first took him to the West Indies?
(b) Richard Baker.
(c) Robert King.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. Equiano sees a slave whose leg has been cut off in the West Indies. Why was the slave's leg amputated?
(a) He was injured in a shipwreck and there was no other way to get him out of the wreck.
(b) As punishment for refusing to work.
(c) Because he had gangrene.
(d) As punishment for trying to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes the Eboes' religious beliefs?
2. How do Equiano's shipmates feel about Pascal selling him?
3. What does Pascal do for a living?
4. When Equiano is sick in London, what treatment does the doctor recommend that Equiano refuses?
5. When he is taken on board the slave ship, what does Equiano fear?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)