|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war is over, where do Pascal and Equiano go?
(a) Virginia to visit Equiano's former master, where Pascal purchased him.
(b) Montserrat to start a sugar plantation.
(c) London to collect pay from the navy.
2. What aspect of slave auctions does Equiano mention as being particularly upsetting?
(a) The breaking up of families.
(b) The rape of female slaves.
(c) The jugglers who advertise the auctions.
(d) The noise.
3. During the last year of the war, what are Equiano and Pascal doing?
(a) They are on Montserrat.
(b) Pascal is cleaning the decks because he has been demoted and Equiano helps him.
(c) They are stuck on the Isle of Wight until the end of the war.
(d) They are on a ship that is blockading the French for most of the year.
4. During the battle at Gibraltar, what is Equiano's job?
(a) Steering the ship.
(b) Cleaning blood off the deck.
(c) Running to the cannon with explosive gun powder to the cannons can be reloaded.
(d) Carrying messages from Pascal to the captain.
5. Why is Equiano separated from the friend he makes when Equiano is first working for Pascal?
(a) Because his friend escapes.
(b) Because of Pascal's reassignment.
(c) Because Pascal does not want him to have friends.
(d) Because Equiano escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Equiano get for accidentally killing an animal?
2. After the English win the battle at Gibraltar, some French ships go aground. What happens to them?
3. What work does Equiano do at first for his second owner in the West Indies?
4. After the battle at Gibraltar, what happens to Pascal?
5. Why do Eboe merchants kiss the food they are offering for sale?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)