|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Equiano think are "magic" when he sees a town built by white people for the first time?
(a) Horses and large brick houses.
(b) Bicycles and apartment buildings.
(c) Canoes and teepees.
(d) Cars and tents.
2. What new things does Equiano see in England that amaze him?
(a) A royal parade and a circus.
(b) Sheep and goats.
(c) Taverns and hotels.
(d) Snow and church services.
3. How does Equiano explain the difference in skin color between Europeans and Africans?
(a) Equiano says that Europeans are lighter skinned because they have weak blood.
(b) Equiano says that Africans are darker because of the food they eat.
(c) Equiano says he has no idea why Africans and Europeans have different skin color.
(d) Equiano says the difference in skin color is caused by the difference in the environments of Europeans and Africans.
4. What does Equiano say that Biblical scholars have said about Africans?
(a) That they are evil.
(b) That they were created to be slaves.
(c) That they are descended from Abraham.
(d) That they were created separately from Adam and Eve.
5. What European characteristic does Equiano say helps prove that Europeans and Africans are related?
(a) That Europeans share the same attitudes toward adultery as Africans.
(b) That Europeans share the same religious beliefs as Africans.
(c) That some Europeans get darker skinned when they are exposed to sun.
(d) That some Europeans really like the Eboe way of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Equiano fight with other boys on board ship after he is bought by Pascal?
2. Why is Equiano so lonely in Virginia?
3. When he is taken on board the slave ship, what does Equiano fear?
4. When he renames Equiano, who is Pascal naming Equiano after?
5. What does Equiano think is "magic" on the slave ships?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)