|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Equiano feel about traveling to Philadelphia?
2. On the ship Nancy in 1766, where does Equiano go and make a lot of money?
3. Where do Equiano and the rest of the rescue mission head to try to get help?
(a) New Providence.
(b) The Bahamas.
(d) St. Croix.
4. How does Pascal keep Equiano on the ship when he is going to collect their naval pay?
(a) Drugs him.
(b) Threatens him with physical violence.
(c) Pays his shipmates to tie him up and guard him.
(d) Tricks him by telling them they aren't there yet.
5. What sign is used to mark an Embrenche?
(a) A silver badge.
(b) A red armband.
(c) A scar on the forehead.
(d) A headdress of feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Eboe people acquire slaves?
2. What aspect of slave auctions does Equiano mention as being particularly upsetting?
3. Why does Equiano not go to England immediately after receiving his freedom?
4. Equiano sees a slave whose leg has been cut off in the West Indies. Why was the slave's leg amputated?
5. What does Equiano's first name, Olaudah, mean?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)