|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Equiano's business go in Philadelphia?
(a) He makes a good profit.
(b) He loses money.
(c) He breaks even.
(d) He makes a profit but then loses all his money gambling.
2. When Equiano is sold to a merchant in Tinmah, how is he treated?
(a) He is treated so well that he almost forgets he's a slave.
(b) He is told that he is no longer a slave.
(c) He is treated so badly that he wishes he were dead.
(d) He is completely ignored; he is not made to work, but he is also not fed.
3. During the battle at Gibraltar, what is Equiano's job?
(a) Carrying messages from Pascal to the captain.
(b) Cleaning blood off the deck.
(c) Steering the ship.
(d) Running to the cannon with explosive gun powder to the cannons can be reloaded.
4. How does the battle in the ocean between the French and the English end?
(a) The French take Pascal's ship captive.
(b) The English drive the French off and capture one of their ships.
(c) The English sink the French fleet.
(d) All the English are taken captive by the French.
5. What is the first merchandise that Equiano buys to start his trading business?
(a) A silver teapot.
(b) A drinking glass.
(d) Spices from India.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does it happen that the French attack the English on the way back across the Atlantic?
2. After the English win the battle at Gibraltar, some French ships go aground. What happens to them?
3. How old is Equiano when he is kidnapped?
4. Why does Equiano stop eating on the slave ship?
5. Why does Equiano get baptized?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)