|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Equiano get the first mate to teach him navigation?
(a) Equiano becomes really good friends with the first mate.
(b) Equiano promises to do the first mate's job for him if he will teach him.
(c) Equiano threatens the first mate.
(d) Equiano pays the first mate.
2. How does the battle in the ocean between the French and the English end?
(a) The English sink the French fleet.
(b) The English drive the French off and capture one of their ships.
(c) All the English are taken captive by the French.
(d) The French take Pascal's ship captive.
3. When Equiano is sold to a merchant in Tinmah, how is he treated?
(a) He is treated so well that he almost forgets he's a slave.
(b) He is told that he is no longer a slave.
(c) He is completely ignored; he is not made to work, but he is also not fed.
(d) He is treated so badly that he wishes he were dead.
4. What does Equiano tell Farmer before Farmer dies?
(a) That Farmer deserves to die because of the way he treated Equiano.
(b) That Farmer never did Equiano any harm.
(c) That Equiano expects to see Farmer in heaven.
(d) That Equiano is still angry about the bulls.
5. What two things does Equiano think are "magic" when he sees a town built by white people for the first time?
(a) Canoes and teepees.
(b) Horses and large brick houses.
(c) Cars and tents.
(d) Bicycles and apartment buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Equiano is kidnapped, what do the kidnappers do to keep him quiet?
2. While he's in Philadelphia, who tells Equiano that he won't be a slave long?
3. Which of the following best describes the way Equiano goes to work for Farmer?
4. How does Farmer convince King not to sell Equiano?
5. Why is Equiano separated from the friend he makes when Equiano is first working for Pascal?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)