|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After accidentally killing an animal with a pebble, what does Equiano do?
(a) Goes to his father and says "I can not tell a lie, it was I who killed it with my pebble."
(b) Hides in the shrubs.
(c) Takes the animal to cook and eat it.
(d) Escapes from slavery.
2. When Equiano is sold to a merchant in Tinmah, how is he treated?
(a) He is told that he is no longer a slave.
(b) He is completely ignored; he is not made to work, but he is also not fed.
(c) He is treated so well that he almost forgets he's a slave.
(d) He is treated so badly that he wishes he were dead.
3. When Equiano is enslaved to a chief, what kind of shop does he work in?
(a) A blacksmith's shop.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A goldsmith's shop.
(d) A grocery store.
4. What do the crew do to Equiano when he refuses to eat?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Make him walk the plank.
(c) Beg him to eat.
(d) Beat him.
5. When he decides to buy his freedom, how much money has Equiano saved?
(a) Four pounds and seven pence.
(b) Four hundred seventy pounds.
(c) Four hundred seventy dollars.
(d) Forty-seven pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Equiano think is "magic" on the slave ships?
2. Who spreads a lie about Equiano?
3. Why does King tell Equiano that he plans to sell him?
4. While he's in Philadelphia, who tells Equiano that he won't be a slave long?
5. When Equiano is sick in London, what treatment does the doctor recommend that Equiano refuses?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)