|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are children supposed to hand out to the audience during the song about oranges?
2. How does Bertie hope to get back on Aunt Agatha's good side?
3. What is the name of the estate where Bingo is tutoring a child?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Uncle George swear that he saw on the street?
5. What does Sidney call Cyril in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Claude and Eustace fail to board their ship to Africa?
2. What nickname does Bertie come up with for the small boy he finds in his flat in Chapter 10?
3. What does old Little hire Bingo to do in Chapter 12?
4. What does Cyril decide to do after losing his part in "Ask Dad"? What does Jeeves admit at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What does Steggles do to sabotage Bingo's Christmas pageant?
6. What does Bertie discover about Comrade Butt when the Red Dawn come to his flat for lunch?
7. What happens after Ocean Breeze loses the Goodwood Cup?
8. Why is Cyril arrested in Chapter 9?
9. What insider tip does old Little give Bertie in Chapter 11?
10. Why is Bingo Little disguising himself and participating in the Heralds of the Red Dawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "The Inimitable Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes that take place in some of the stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these schemes presented in a humorous tone? Why might Wodehouse have presented these schemes in such a manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)