|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie think of the woman Bingo is in love with?
2. What does Cynthia think of Bingo?
3. In Chapter 16, what do Claude and Eustace agree to do so that they aren't discovered to be in town?
4. Who owns the estate Bertie travels to in Chapter 13?
5. How does Jeeves help Uncle George recover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves ensure that the girl Bertie bets on in the egg and spoon race wins?
2. What does Steggles do to sabotage Bertie's bets in Chapter 14?
3. Why do Claude and Eustace fail to board their ship to Africa?
4. What does Bingo do to fall out of favor with Mary? What does Jeeves say he should do to get back on her good side?
5. What nickname does Bertie come up with for the small boy he finds in his flat in Chapter 10?
6. Whom does Blumenfield get advice about his theatrical productions from and why?
7. Why is Bingo Little disguising himself and participating in the Heralds of the Red Dawn?
8. What does Steggles do to sabotage Bingo's Christmas pageant?
9. Why is Cyril arrested in Chapter 9?
10. What does Bertie discover about Comrade Butt when the Red Dawn come to his flat for lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the stories in the book. Are they written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Are they written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the stories in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "The Inimitable Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)