|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song that is inserted into the middle of Bingo's show?
2. What does Bertie serve to the Red Dawn members when they come for lunch?
3. What does Comrade Butt do out of desperation to appeal to the audience?
4. Which of the following describes Sidney in Chapter 10?
5. What does Steggles set up a betting scheme over in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves end up winning the Great Sermon Handicap?
2. What nickname does Bertie come up with for the small boy he finds in his flat in Chapter 10?
3. What is the "golden opportunity" that Claude and Eustace invite Bertie to participate in?
4. What happens after Ocean Breeze loses the Goodwood Cup?
5. What does Aunt Agatha warn Bertie he should not introduce Cyril to? What was Cyril's real reason for coming to America?
6. Who is making a demonstration at Speakers' Corner in Chapter 11?
7. What does Bertie discover about Comrade Butt when the Red Dawn come to his flat for lunch?
8. Why do Claude and Eustace fail to board their ship to Africa?
9. What does Cyril decide to do after losing his part in "Ask Dad"? What does Jeeves admit at the end of Chapter 10?
10. Why is Bingo Little disguising himself and participating in the Heralds of the Red Dawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "The Inimitable Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "The Inimitable Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)