|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the woman whom Bingo has fallen for?
2. Who is Honoria?
3. Why does Bertie berate his aunt in Chapter 4?
4. What is Sidney's criminal name?
5. Who provides the allowance that Bingo live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hemmingways trick Bertie in Chapter 4?
2. What is Bingo's excuse for not being at the meeting place for the scheme in Chapter 6?
3. What does Honoria inform Bertie will have to happen after they are married?
4. How does Bertie help Sidney and Aline in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Bertie come up with this plan in Chapter 5?
6. Why are Sidney and Aline so distressed when they visit Bertie in his hotel room in Chapter 4?
7. When Sir Roderick arrives for lunch at Bertie's, what does he explain was stolen from him?
8. Whom does Aunt Agatha try to set Bertie up with in Chapter 5?
9. Why does Bingo begin tutoring? Whom does he meet while tutoring?
10. Why does Bingo want a raise in his allowance? Why is his request denied?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences among the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist of each story instead?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "The Inimitable Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)