|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom has Bingo gotten over by the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 6, at what time does Bertie arrive with Honoria to put his plan into action?
3. What is the name of Claude and Eustace's companion who is with them for the day?
4. Why does Bertie berate his aunt in Chapter 4?
5. From whom does Bertie receive a letter in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Bingo seek from Jeeves in Chapter 1 and why?
2. What scheme does Jeeves hatch to help Bingo in Chapter 1?
3. Why does old Little want to have lunch with Wooster in Chapter 2?
4. What plan does Bertie come up with in Chapter 5?
5. What is Bingo's excuse for not being at the meeting place for the scheme in Chapter 6?
6. What does Aunt Agatha invite Bertie to in Chapter 3 and how does Bertie react to the invitation?
7. How do the Hemmingways trick Bertie in Chapter 4?
8. How does Bertie exact revenge of sorts on his Aunt in Chapter 4?
9. What does Jeeves hand Sir Roderick as he is storming out of the flat in Chapter 8?
10. How do Sir Roderick's hat, fish, and some cats end up in Bertie's flat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the stories from "The Inimitable Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? On what is their relationship based? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the book?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)