|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, whom has Jeeves fallen for?
2. Who provides the allowance that Bingo live on?
3. What is Sidney's criminal name?
4. What is the name of the college club Claude and Eustace are trying to join?
5. Why does Bingo want a raise in his allowance in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Honoria and Oswald react to Bertie's plan?
2. What plan does Bertie come up with in Chapter 5?
3. What does Aunt Agatha reveal might prove problematic for Bertie's engagement to Honoria?
4. Whom does Aunt Agatha try to set Bertie up with in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Bertie come up with this plan in Chapter 5?
6. What is Bingo's excuse for not being at the meeting place for the scheme in Chapter 6?
7. Who are Aline and Sidney Hemmingway?
8. What goes wrong when Bertie tries to put the plan in action in Chapter 6?
9. How does Bertie exact revenge of sorts on his Aunt in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Bingo begin tutoring? Whom does he meet while tutoring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences among the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist of each story instead?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "The Inimitable Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)