|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bingo want a raise in his allowance in Chapter 2?
(a) He wants to marry his sweetheart.
(b) He wants to buy a flat.
(c) He wants to go to Paris.
(d) He wants to make a business investment.
2. What does Bertie write for Sidney in Chapter 4?
(a) A note.
(b) A check.
(c) A contract.
(d) A receipt.
3. What does Bertie wear for the driving date in Chapter 3?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A flashy silk scarf.
(c) A pair of driving gloves.
(d) A colorful cummerbund.
4. What does old Little think about the novels that Bingo and Bertie has him read in Chapter 1 and 2?
(a) He is bored by them.
(b) He is smitten with them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is amused by them.
5. Whom does Aunt Agatha recommend as a wife to Bertie in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daphne Braythwayt?
2. What kind of necklace is Bertie given as collateral in Chapter 4?
3. What does Honoria think when Bertie begins to compliment Bingo in Chapter 6?
4. How might Bingo be described?
5. What does Bertie give Sidney in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Hemmingways trick Bertie in Chapter 4?
2. Why are Sidney and Aline so distressed when they visit Bertie in his hotel room in Chapter 4?
3. What does Aunt Agatha reveal might prove problematic for Bertie's engagement to Honoria?
4. What do Bertie and Sir Roderick discover when they go to investigate the bedroom in Chapter 8? What does this discovery lead Sir Roderick to believe?
5. Why does old Little want to have lunch with Wooster in Chapter 2?
6. What is Bingo's excuse for not being at the meeting place for the scheme in Chapter 6?
7. When Sir Roderick arrives for lunch at Bertie's, what does he explain was stolen from him?
8. What does Aunt Agatha invite Bertie to in Chapter 3 and how does Bertie react to the invitation?
9. What goes wrong when Bertie tries to put the plan in action in Chapter 6?
10. Who are Aline and Sidney Hemmingway?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)