Introduction and Chapter 1, The City Under Siege
1. When was The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman first published?
2. When was Angela Carter born?
3. Where did Angela Carter live for the majority of her life?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What short story of Angela Carter's was adapted to a 1984 film?
(a) Shadow Dance.
(b) Several Peceptions.
(c) The Magic Toyshop.
(d) Company of Wolves.
5. At what university did Angela Brown teach in Rhode Island?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Pepperdine University.
6. Who is the narrator in The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
(c) Dr. Hoffman.
(d) The Minister.
7. Against whom does the narrator describe having fought a war in the beginning of The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
(a) The Count.
(b) Dr. Hoffman.
8. Who is the object of the protagonist's desires in The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
9. Desiderio is the son of a what?
This section contains 3,934 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)