|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
2. Where does Gerda Erzberger live?
3. Why does Lloyd have to make another appointment with his son?
4. What does Kathleen think of Arthur's article?
5. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur find out about regarding the interview?
2. Who is Hardy Benjamin and who does he have coffee with in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
4. What did Jimmy do in Arizona?
5. Where does Lloyd go?
6. Who is demoted and why?
7. Where does Lloyd Burko live according to Chapter 1?
8. Who is Arthur Gopal according to Chapter 2?
9. What is the Irishman like?
10. How did Jimmy and Herman first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two female characters, focusing on their similarities and differences in their actions, beliefs, and thoughts about themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of metaphor to show the issues in the newspaper by using characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the conflict between Clint Oakley and Arthur Gopal.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)