|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
2. What does Herman drive the staff crazy with?
3. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
4. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
5. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lloyd Burko live according to Chapter 1?
2. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
3. What does Arthur find out about regarding the interview?
4. What does Hardy volunteer to do for Rory?
5. Where does Lloyd go?
6. Why is Annika embarrassed for Hardy?
7. What happens at the Christmas party?
8. What does Jerome tell Lloyd about France?
9. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like her father?
10. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Herman Cohen and his childhood friend, Jimmy.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Ornella de Monterecchi and Kathleen and how each woman deals with the past.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character Kathleen Solson and discuss her relationship with Dario de Monterecchi.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)