|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Okley run Arthur's article?
2. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
3. What does Llyod spend his money on?
4. What job is Arthur given after the article runs?
5. Where did Herman settle after marrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Herman Cohen in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Annika embarrassed for Hardy?
3. Who is Hardy Benjamin and who does he have coffee with in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Arthur disappointed?
5. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
6. Who is demoted and why?
7. Why is Herman disappointed?
8. How did Jimmy and Herman first meet?
9. Why does the interview end abruptly?
10. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cutthroat industry of journalism and how it is presented in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare two female characters, focusing on their similarities and differences in their actions, beliefs, and thoughts about themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the conflict between Lloyd Burko and his wife and family.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)