|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
2. Who does Lloyd's son work for?
3. How did the burglar enter Hardy's apartment?
4. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
5. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
2. Who is Arthur Gopal according to Chapter 2?
3. How did Jimmy and Herman first meet?
4. Who does Cyrus Ott meet with?
5. What does Arthur find out about regarding the interview?
6. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
7. Why is Annika embarrassed for Hardy?
8. Who is Herman Cohen in Chapter 4?
9. What does Ott buy in 1957?
10. What does Arthur do each day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict between Craig Menzies and Annika.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of metaphor to show the issues in the newspaper by using characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Herman Cohen and his desire for perfection.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)