|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lloyd's first draft filled with?
2. Why does Arthur quit the interview?
3. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
4. Where does Tom Rachman live at the start of Chapter 1?
5. What did Ott want to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like her father?
2. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
3. What is happening to Ott in 1960?
4. What does Arthur do each day?
5. What does Lloyd admit?
6. Who is Arthur Gopal according to Chapter 2?
7. Why is Herman disappointed?
8. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
9. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
10. What did Jimmy do in Arizona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Ornella de Monterecchi and Kathleen and how each woman deals with the past.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the conflict between Clint Oakley and Arthur Gopal.
Essay Topic 3
Compare two male characters, focusing on their similarities and differences in their actions, beliefs, and thoughts about themselves.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)