|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Herman's friend settle after his heart attack?
2. What does Dario respond to Ruby?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To wait for him.
(c) To call after Christmas.
(d) That he could only come the next day.
3. Why did Herman and his friend become friends?
(a) His friend helped him on a test.
(b) His friend protected him from bullies.
(c) His friend showed him where there classes were.
(d) His friend brought him to a church.
4. Why does Ruby go to a hotel on New Year's Eve?
(a) To be closer to her family.
(b) To have a romantic evening with her boyfriend.
(c) To have her apartment repainted.
(d) To not be alone.
5. Why is Cheung's article too flowery?
(a) He missed part of the conference.
(b) He did not speak enough languages.
(c) He couldn't take notes fast enough.
(d) He missed part of the interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menzies' girlfriend show him that made him angry?
2. Why doesn't Ornella want to get the newspaper herself?
3. What does Lloyd discover about Jerome?
4. Why is Ruby surprised when she returns to work?
5. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)