|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
2. When did Milton decide to retire?
3. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
(a) He complains to Kathleen.
(b) He talks to Okely directly.
(c) He talks to the publisher.
(d) He says nothing.
4. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
(a) Let his father live with him.
(b) Let his father borrow money.
(c) Let his father have a reunion there.
(d) Let his father work with him.
5. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
(a) Ask his wife to pay the rent.
(b) Move back to New York.
(c) Leave his wife.
(d) Call in a favor with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
2. Where does Ruby go at the end of the novel?
3. Who does Cheung correspond with at the journal?
4. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
5. What does Snyder want Cheung to do for him?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)