|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Make his life miserable.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Make him pay her back.
2. What does Arthur tell Okley when he turns over Greda's article?
(a) That Kathleen wanted to run it as is.
(b) That he expect Okley's to respect his article.
(c) That he wants it rewriten.
(d) That he doesn;t want it publish in its entirety.
3. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
(a) Move back to New York.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Ask his wife to pay the rent.
(d) Call in a favor with a friend.
4. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
(a) Let his father work with him.
(b) Let his father borrow money.
(c) Let his father have a reunion there.
(d) Let his father live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
2. What does Lloyd want to ask his son for?
3. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
4. Where does Tom Rachman live at the start of Chapter 1?
5. Who did Hardy ask for help in getting Rory a gig?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)