• In Chapter 1, Lloyd Burko lives in Paris.
• Burko once worked for several major newspapers and magazines and now works for one paper based out of Rome.
• Burko is married, but his wife is having an open affair.
• Burko is having a hard time making the rent.
• Burko spends what little money he has on a gift for his daughter, but she doesn't like him because of his past affairs.
• Burko plans to see his son, Jerome.
• Jerome works for the French foreign ministry.
• Burko wants to ask his son for inside information to use for a story to pay his rent.
• Jerome and his dad meet a second time.
• Jerome tells Burko that France is proposing a U.N. peacekeeping force in Gaza.
• Burko proposes the story to Menzies and Menzies pushes him to reveal his contact.
• Burko explains it is his son.
• Menzies agrees to run...
This section contains 2,178 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)