|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new information does Amok reveal to Covenant about white gold?
(b) That white gold has one major flaw.
(c) That white gold draws on the energy of people's souls.
(d) That white gold can easily kill the wielder.
2. Where do the persons coming up the river go?
(a) They fall into the river.
(b) Up the mountain.
(c) Around the south of Garroting Deep.
(d) Across the river out of Garroting Deep.
3. What is one way many of Troy's men die?
(a) They are not dying much now as they are marching home.
(b) From rancid food.
(c) From a poison gas Lord Foul has spread over the area.
(d) From the grueling marching pace.
4. What does Covenant feel justified in doing?
(a) Manipulating Elena.
(b) Using Bannor for Covenant's own plans.
(c) Summoning another Ranyhyn.
(d) Sending the Ranyhyn away.
5. What is Trell doing at his wife's grave?
(a) He is not at his wife's grave.
(b) Reading her a poem.
(c) Talking to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Covenant refuses to believe in the land?
2. Who surrounds Troy when he starts to walk?
3. Who is killed while saving Covenant?
4. What is Troy's army doing at the opening to Chapter 19?
5. About what is Troy eager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Troy marching his men and what does he try to convince them to believe?
2. What happens to one of the Ranyhyn and what does Elena do?
3. What information is the Council finally able to coax out of Amok, and what do some of the Council members think about what they learn?
4. Why does Troy wonder if he will ever sleep again?
5. What does Troy do when he notices a shimmering during the Council meeting in Loresraat?
6. How does Covenant feel after refusing Elena's sexual advances?
7. What is Covenant thinking about concerning the land as they are traveling?
8. To what does Amok agree and why does Elena want to go with Amok?
9. What does Tull tell about the giants' home?
10. Why does Troy think it is night when he wakes from unconsciousness?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)