|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Trell's wife been summoning when she is killed?
(b) No one.
2. Who believes Elena will choose him?
3. What is Covenant's initial response to Amok's stipulation?
(a) Covenant says Elena can go if she takes Troy with her.
(b) Covenant says he will never give his permission.
(c) Covenant wants nothing to do with giving permission.
(d) Covenant does not care what Elena does.
4. Who tells Troy he is worse than a fool?
(d) No one.
5. Where do the persons coming up the river go?
(a) Around the south of Garroting Deep.
(b) Across the river out of Garroting Deep.
(c) They fall into the river.
(d) Up the mountain.
6. What revelation does Covenant have in looking at Elena standing there naked?
(a) He cares for her as a daughter.
(b) There is something dark inside her.
(c) He cares for her as a lover.
(d) There is a core of pure light inside her.
7. What does Elena tell her that her mother did not teach her?
(a) Bitterness towards Covenant.
(b) How to hate.
(c) A desire for revenge.
(d) How to separate love from hate.
8. Who surrounds Troy when he starts to walk?
(a) Several monsters.
(b) His faithful dogs.
(c) No one.
(d) His men.
9. What does Covenant feel justified in doing?
(a) Manipulating Elena.
(b) Using Bannor for Covenant's own plans.
(c) Sending the Ranyhyn away.
(d) Summoning another Ranyhyn.
10. What does Caerroil Wildwood do as Fleshharrow's army gets deep inside Garroting Deep?
(a) Sings a song.
(c) Erects a huge barrier around them all.
(d) Attacks them with lightning bolts.
11. What does Covenant wonder about Elena's choice?
(a) He does not wonder about her choice; he just follows her.
(b) Why she would go to the Seventh Ward when the Army is fighting Foul in another place.
(c) Why she chooses Covenant to go with her.
(d) Why she thinks Covenant wants to go with her.
12. What is one way many of Troy's men die?
(a) From a poison gas Lord Foul has spread over the area.
(b) From the grueling marching pace.
(c) They are not dying much now as they are marching home.
(d) From rancid food.
13. What does Covenant think of Elena's opinion of Kevin?
(a) It may prove to be true.
(b) It is probably accurate.
(c) He has no idea and does not care.
(d) It is an insane opinion.
14. What is the reason Covenant refuses to believe in the land?
(a) He is afraid of being disappointed.
(b) To control what the Land would impose on him.
(c) He is afraid of loving again.
(d) He thinks he is being duped.
15. Who tells Troy he believes something terrible is going to happen to Elena?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Troy decide to visit?
2. What do the Lords have to know in order to get information from Kevin's proxy?
3. What happens to Covenant's wedding ring?
4. In what way is Covenant relieved by what he learns from Amok?
5. What does Covenant realize about the Bloodguard?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)