|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wildwood hate more than humans?
(a) Demonic dragons.
(d) Demonic wolves.
2. What does Elena do when she comes out of the river after bathing?
(a) Tries to kiss Covenant.
(b) Dances naked in front of Covenant.
(c) Tries to seduce Bannor.
(d) Steps on a poisonous snake.
3. What is explained to Troy about the time?
(a) He has been unconscious for a week.
(b) Lord Foul has stopped time.
(c) It is day and Troy is blind again.
(d) He has been back to his land and re-summoned.
4. What distresses Covenant about Lena?
(a) That she dies before he can ask her forgiveness.
(b) That she forgives him for the wrongs he committed.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That she believes he is good.
5. What is Covenant's initial response to Amok's stipulation?
(a) Covenant does not care what Elena does.
(b) Covenant says Elena can go if she takes Troy with her.
(c) Covenant says he will never give his permission.
(d) Covenant wants nothing to do with giving permission.
6. What helps Covenant answer Amok's question?
(a) One of the Ranyhyn.
(c) No one.
(d) A dream.
7. What does Caerroil do with the piece of Illearth Stone that Flesharrow carries?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Plants it.
(c) Throws it in a lava pit.
(d) Leaves it by the tree of life.
8. What new information does Amok reveal to Covenant about white gold?
(b) That white gold draws on the energy of people's souls.
(c) That white gold can easily kill the wielder.
(d) That white gold has one major flaw.
9. Who almost falls from the effect of what happens under the earth?
10. What does Troy feel concerning Elena?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He thinks she is unnaturally smitten with Covenant.
(c) He is going to lose her.
(d) He thinks she is going to have a hard time controlling Amok.
11. What does Covenant feel justified in doing?
(a) Sending the Ranyhyn away.
(b) Manipulating Elena.
(c) Summoning another Ranyhyn.
(d) Using Bannor for Covenant's own plans.
12. What is one way many of Troy's men die?
(a) They are not dying much now as they are marching home.
(b) From rancid food.
(c) From the grueling marching pace.
(d) From a poison gas Lord Foul has spread over the area.
13. To what does Troy agree?
(a) He agrees to nothing.
(b) To make his men leave their weapons before entering Garroting Deep.
(c) To stand against Fleshharrow.
(d) To pay the price of safe passage.
14. What is the reason Covenant refuses to believe in the land?
(a) To control what the Land would impose on him.
(b) He is afraid of loving again.
(c) He is afraid of being disappointed.
(d) He thinks he is being duped.
15. Why is Troy angered?
(a) That he is not acknowledged at the meeting of the council.
(b) That he is fired.
(c) That Covenant is honored above High Lord Elena.
(d) That he is told to obey Covenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Elena will choose him?
2. What bargain does Covenant make with himself?
3. What does Troy wonder if he will ever do again?
4. In what way is Covenant relieved by what he learns from Amok?
5. What does Covenant wish to say to Bannor?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)