|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Covenant's wedding ring?
(a) It blackens.
(b) It gets very hot.
(c) It falls off his finger.
(d) It melts and runs off his finger.
2. How is Covenant feeling after refusing Elena's sexual advances?
(a) In turmoil.
(d) At peace.
3. What does Covenant see in Elena's face?
4. What does Covenant wonder about Elena's choice?
(a) Why she would go to the Seventh Ward when the Army is fighting Foul in another place.
(b) Why she chooses Covenant to go with her.
(c) He does not wonder about her choice; he just follows her.
(d) Why she thinks Covenant wants to go with her.
5. Who had Trell's wife been summoning when she is killed?
(d) No one.
6. What does Caerroil say before letting the humans into Garroting Deep?
(a) There will be a price.
(b) The men must stay on the path.
(c) The men will be changed by the experience.
(d) The men will live but will never be able to speak of their experience.
7. Who attacks the army as it is marching?
(a) About forty giants.
(b) No one.
(c) Flying creatures.
(d) Some forest trolls.
8. Who is Caerroil Wildwood?
(a) The warden of the ways.
(b) The marchwarden of the north.
(c) The god of the underwood.
(d) The forestall of Garroting Deep.
9. How much time did Troy's army gain from Veremet and Mhoram's spell?
(a) A day.
(b) Several days.
(d) A few hours.
10. What is Troy's army doing at the opening to Chapter 19?
(a) Taking a little more leisurely pace back towards home.
(b) It has been totally obliterated.
(c) Trying to put as much distance as possible between them and Lord Foul's army.
(d) Mopping up their victory.
11. Who does Mhoram see coming up the river in the middle of Garroting Deep?
(a) Elena and Amok.
(b) Covenant and Amok.
(c) Covenant and Bannor.
(d) Elena and Covenant.
12. To what does Troy agree?
(a) He agrees to nothing.
(b) To stand against Fleshharrow.
(c) To pay the price of safe passage.
(d) To make his men leave their weapons before entering Garroting Deep.
13. What is Covenant's initial response to Amok's stipulation?
(a) Covenant wants nothing to do with giving permission.
(b) Covenant does not care what Elena does.
(c) Covenant says Elena can go if she takes Troy with her.
(d) Covenant says he will never give his permission.
14. How does Mhoram do before summoning Caerroil Wildwood?
(b) Has the Army sit perfectly still.
(c) Lights his staff.
15. What does Troy do when he notices a shimmering?
(b) He sneaks up and grabs it.
(c) He shoots it.
(d) He points it out to the council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elena reveal about High Lord Kevin to Covenant?
2. What new information does Amok reveal to Covenant about white gold?
3. What does Caerroil do with the piece of Illearth Stone that Flesharrow carries?
4. Who does Elena choose to go with her?
5. Who is killed while saving Covenant?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)