|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Covenant's wedding ring?
(a) It blackens.
(b) It melts and runs off his finger.
(c) It falls off his finger.
(d) It gets very hot.
2. What does Troy try to convince his men of about Garroting Deep?
(a) It is the only choice they have.
(b) It always protects the good.
(c) It is set up to trap Foul's men but will protect them.
(d) They will not die there.
3. How is Covenant feeling after refusing Elena's sexual advances?
(a) In turmoil.
(b) At peace.
4. How many may Elena choose to accompany her on her quest?
(b) Any number she wants.
5. What is Covenant's initial response to Amok's stipulation?
(a) Covenant does not care what Elena does.
(b) Covenant wants nothing to do with giving permission.
(c) Covenant says he will never give his permission.
(d) Covenant says Elena can go if she takes Troy with her.
6. Why does Troy think it is night when he wakes?
(a) He sees stars.
(b) The moon is glowing very brightly.
(c) He is blindfolded.
(d) He cannot see.
7. What revelation does Covenant have in looking at Elena standing there naked?
(a) He cares for her as a lover.
(b) There is something dark inside her.
(c) There is a core of pure light inside her.
(d) He cares for her as a daughter.
8. Who does Mhoram see coming up the river in the middle of Garroting Deep?
(a) Elena and Amok.
(b) Covenant and Amok.
(c) Elena and Covenant.
(d) Covenant and Bannor.
9. About what is Troy eager?
(a) To see Covenant die.
(b) To be back home when Elena returns.
(c) To get on with the war.
(d) To see Covenant fail.
10. Who had Trell's wife been summoning when she is killed?
(a) No one.
11. What is Troy's army doing at the opening to Chapter 19?
(a) It has been totally obliterated.
(b) Trying to put as much distance as possible between them and Lord Foul's army.
(c) Mopping up their victory.
(d) Taking a little more leisurely pace back towards home.
12. What does Caerroil say before letting the humans into Garroting Deep?
(a) There will be a price.
(b) The men must stay on the path.
(c) The men will be changed by the experience.
(d) The men will live but will never be able to speak of their experience.
13. What does Amok say Elena and Covenant must tell him?
(a) Why they do not want Lord Foul to rule.
(b) The name of the Seventh Ward.
(c) How they bring Covenant to this world.
(d) How they will use the Seventh Ward.
14. What distresses Covenant about Lena?
(a) That she believes he is good.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That she dies before he can ask her forgiveness.
(d) That she forgives him for the wrongs he committed.
15. What does Amok say he knows about white gold?
(b) He does not mention white gold.
(d) Little and much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troy wonder if he will ever do again?
2. What does Elena reveal about High Lord Kevin to Covenant?
3. Who attacks the army as it is marching?
4. How much time did Troy's army gain from Veremet and Mhoram's spell?
5. How does Troy lose consciousness?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)