|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Troy decide to visit?
(a) Elena in the middle of the night.
(b) Covenant in the middle of the night.
(c) Lord Mhoram.
(d) The grave of the person who summoned Troy to the Land.
2. Who does Elena choose to go with her?
(a) All three men and several bloodguards.
(c) All three men.
(d) No one.
3. What does Covenant feel justified in doing?
(a) Summoning another Ranyhyn.
(b) Sending the Ranyhyn away.
(c) Manipulating Elena.
(d) Using Bannor for Covenant's own plans.
4. What is Troy's army doing at the opening to Chapter 19?
(a) Mopping up their victory.
(b) Trying to put as much distance as possible between them and Lord Foul's army.
(c) It has been totally obliterated.
(d) Taking a little more leisurely pace back towards home.
5. Why can't the travelers touch the water of the lake?
(a) It would drain them of their life essence.
(b) Its power would overwhelm them.
(c) There is no reason.
(d) It is harmful to human flesh.
6. What does Covenant realize about the Bloodguard?
(a) They seem to be planning something.
(b) They know something they are not sharing.
(c) They are becoming more and more aloof.
(d) They are aging rapidly.
7. What does Covenant see in Elena's face?
8. Who is Caerroil Wildwood?
(a) The warden of the ways.
(b) The god of the underwood.
(c) The marchwarden of the north.
(d) The forestall of Garroting Deep.
9. What does Caerroil do with the piece of Illearth Stone that Flesharrow carries?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Throws it in a lava pit.
(c) Plants it.
(d) Leaves it by the tree of life.
10. What happens to Covenant's wedding ring?
(a) It falls off his finger.
(b) It blackens.
(c) It gets very hot.
(d) It melts and runs off his finger.
11. Whose words is Covenant thinking about concerning the Land?
(d) His own.
12. What does Covenant wish to say to Bannor?
(b) To question him further about the Seventh Ward.
(c) To send him home.
(d) To apologize.
13. What new information does Amok reveal to Covenant about white gold?
(b) That white gold can easily kill the wielder.
(c) That white gold draws on the energy of people's souls.
(d) That white gold has one major flaw.
14. What does Covenant wonder about Elena's choice?
(a) He does not wonder about her choice; he just follows her.
(b) Why she would go to the Seventh Ward when the Army is fighting Foul in another place.
(c) Why she thinks Covenant wants to go with her.
(d) Why she chooses Covenant to go with her.
15. What does the Lords Council do in Loresraat?
(a) Hold a council meeting.
(b) Split up to go various places.
(c) Fire Troy.
(d) Censor Covenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who almost falls from the effect of what happens under the earth?
2. How much time did Troy's army gain from Veremet and Mhoram's spell?
3. What is the shimmering?
4. What does Elena think of the Seventh Ward of Kevin?
5. What distresses Covenant about Lena?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)