|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy feel concerning Elena?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He thinks she is unnaturally smitten with Covenant.
(c) He thinks she is going to have a hard time controlling Amok.
(d) He is going to lose her.
2. What bargain does Covenant make with himself?
(a) To help Troy return to their world.
(b) To protect the other Ranyhyn.
(c) To marry Lena.
(d) To take a more active part in the search for the Seventh Ward.
3. Who tries to dissuade Elena from going after the Seventh Ward?
4. What does Caerroil do with the piece of Illearth Stone that Flesharrow carries?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Leaves it by the tree of life.
(c) Throws it in a lava pit.
(d) Plants it.
5. What does Troy try to convince his men of about Garroting Deep?
(a) It is the only choice they have.
(b) It always protects the good.
(c) They will not die there.
(d) It is set up to trap Foul's men but will protect them.
6. What does Covenant feel justified in doing?
(a) Using Bannor for Covenant's own plans.
(b) Manipulating Elena.
(c) Sending the Ranyhyn away.
(d) Summoning another Ranyhyn.
7. Who is Caerroil Wildwood?
(a) The warden of the ways.
(b) The marchwarden of the north.
(c) The forestall of Garroting Deep.
(d) The god of the underwood.
8. Who attacks the army as it is marching?
(a) Flying creatures.
(b) Some forest trolls.
(c) About forty giants.
(d) No one.
9. What does Elena tell her that her mother did not teach her?
(a) Bitterness towards Covenant.
(b) How to hate.
(c) A desire for revenge.
(d) How to separate love from hate.
10. What does the Lords Council do in Loresraat?
(a) Fire Troy.
(b) Censor Covenant.
(c) Hold a council meeting.
(d) Split up to go various places.
11. Who had Trell's wife been summoning when she is killed?
(c) No one.
12. What does Caerroil say before letting the humans into Garroting Deep?
(a) There will be a price.
(b) The men will live but will never be able to speak of their experience.
(c) The men will be changed by the experience.
(d) The men must stay on the path.
13. What revelation does Covenant have in looking at Elena standing there naked?
(a) There is a core of pure light inside her.
(b) There is something dark inside her.
(c) He cares for her as a daughter.
(d) He cares for her as a lover.
14. How many may Elena choose to accompany her on her quest?
(d) Any number she wants.
15. Why is Troy angered?
(a) That he is told to obey Covenant.
(b) That Covenant is honored above High Lord Elena.
(c) That he is fired.
(d) That he is not acknowledged at the meeting of the council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens from under the earth?
2. What is Troy's army doing at the opening to Chapter 19?
3. In what way is Covenant relieved by what he learns from Amok?
4. Who does Mhoram see coming up the river in the middle of Garroting Deep?
5. What is one way many of Troy's men die?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)