|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
2. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
3. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
4. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
5. What is nightlock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
2. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
4. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
6. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
7. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
8. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
9. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
10. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay using details from the book to support your conclusions:
2) Character relationships
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Haymitch's role in the Hunger Games. How can be described? What are his faults? Does he have any redeeming qualities? If so, what are they? What is Haymitch's primary motivation?
Essay Topic 3
What does Peeta reveal during the interviews the night before the games begin, and what sort of reaction does this revelation receive? Examine how this action changes Peeta and Katniss' relationship.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)