|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. How many times is Katniss wounded in her own attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
3. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
4. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
5. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
2. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
3. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
4. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
5. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
6. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
7. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
8. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
9. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
10. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the training at the Training Center in the Capitol. What are Peeta and Katniss instructed to do during training that is unusual to the Hunger Games? What skills do each of the tributes exhibit, and what does this reveal about them? Compare/contrast Peeta's performance at the training center with Katniss'.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail in an essay using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Point of View
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three government created creatures in this novel. Include their name, why/how they were developed, and the effect they had within the Hunger Games arena.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)