|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
2. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
3. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Haymitch's role in the Hunger Games. How can be described? What are his faults? Does he have any redeeming qualities? If so, what are they? What is Haymitch's primary motivation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following settings in detail in an essay, discussing the importance of the setting to the plot and themes of the novel, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The Arena
2) District Twelve
3) The Capitol
4) The Training Center.
Essay Topic 3
What is Gale's role in the Hunger Games? How does his relationship with Katniss add to or take away from the plot? Does he symbolize anything?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)