|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
2. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
3. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
4. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
5. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
2. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
3. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
4. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
5. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
6. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
7. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
8. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
9. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
10. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Haymitch's role in the Hunger Games. How can be described? What are his faults? Does he have any redeeming qualities? If so, what are they? What is Haymitch's primary motivation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in detail in an essay using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
3) Life and Death Struggle
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the world and setting created for this novel. How did Panem come to be? How is it divided, and for what reasons? How is Panem similar and different from our own world?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)