|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
2. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
3. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
4. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
2. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
3. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
4. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
5. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
6. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
7. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
8. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
9. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
10. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following settings in detail in an essay, discussing the importance of the setting to the plot and themes of the novel, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The Arena
2) District Twelve
3) The Capitol
4) The Training Center.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the world and setting created for this novel. How did Panem come to be? How is it divided, and for what reasons? How is Panem similar and different from our own world?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)