|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
3. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
4. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
5. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader's view of Peeta Mellark may change multiple times throughout the Hunger Games; what is his role in this novel? Are his feelings for Katniss real? How can you tell? Does Peeta symbolize anything?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three government created creatures in this novel. Include their name, why/how they were developed, and the effect they had within the Hunger Games arena.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using details from the book to support your conclusions:
2) Character relationships
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)