|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
3. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
4. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
5. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
2. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
3. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
4. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
5. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
6. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
7. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
8. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
9. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
10. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following settings in detail in an essay, discussing the importance of the setting to the plot and themes of the novel, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The Arena
2) District Twelve
3) The Capitol
4) The Training Center.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three government created creatures in this novel. Include their name, why/how they were developed, and the effect they had within the Hunger Games arena.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the process and role of the Reaping in this novel. What is it, why does it take place, and how does it affect the different districts? Be sure to include an explanation and examination of tessarae in your essay.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)