|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
2. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
3. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
4. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
5. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following themes in detail in an essay using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
3) Life and Death Struggle
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three government created creatures in this novel. Include their name, why/how they were developed, and the effect they had within the Hunger Games arena.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following settings in detail in an essay, discussing the importance of the setting to the plot and themes of the novel, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The Arena
2) District Twelve
3) The Capitol
4) The Training Center.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)