|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
2. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
3. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
4. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
5. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
2. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
3. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
4. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
5. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
6. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
7. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
8. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
9. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
10. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the world and setting created for this novel. How did Panem come to be? How is it divided, and for what reasons? How is Panem similar and different from our own world?
Essay Topic 2
The reader's view of Peeta Mellark may change multiple times throughout the Hunger Games; what is his role in this novel? Are his feelings for Katniss real? How can you tell? Does Peeta symbolize anything?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three government created creatures in this novel. Include their name, why/how they were developed, and the effect they had within the Hunger Games arena.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)