|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss believe the Gamemakers will do now that there are only three tributes left?
2. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
3. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
5. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
2. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
3. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
4. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
5. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
6. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
7. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
8. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
9. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
10. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader's view of Peeta Mellark may change multiple times throughout the Hunger Games; what is his role in this novel? Are his feelings for Katniss real? How can you tell? Does Peeta symbolize anything?
Essay Topic 2
Determine who you believe is the protagonist of the Hunger Games and then examine that character closely. How would you describe this character? What is that character's motivation? What is that character fighting for? Does this character have any flaws?
Essay Topic 3
What is Gale's role in the Hunger Games? How does his relationship with Katniss add to or take away from the plot? Does he symbolize anything?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)