|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
2. What is nightlock?
3. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. What are tracker jackers?
5. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
2. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
3. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
4. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
5. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
6. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
7. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
8. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
9. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
10. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using details from the book to support your conclusions:
2) Character relationships
Essay Topic 3
Determine who you believe is the protagonist of the Hunger Games and then examine that character closely. How would you describe this character? What is that character's motivation? What is that character fighting for? Does this character have any flaws?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)