|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
2. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
4. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
5. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
2. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
3. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
4. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
5. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
6. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
7. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
8. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
9. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
10. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fully explore Katniss' relationship with Rue, and the affect Rue's death has on Katniss. What does this tell readers about Katniss? How did Rue's death propel the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The reader's view of Peeta Mellark may change multiple times throughout the Hunger Games; what is his role in this novel? Are his feelings for Katniss real? How can you tell? Does Peeta symbolize anything?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)