|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
2. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
3. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
4. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
5. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
2. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
3. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
4. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
5. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
6. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
7. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
8. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
9. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
10. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail in an essay using evidence from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Peeta and Katniss
2) Katniss and Gale
3) Katniss and Prim
4) Katniss and her mother.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the process and role of the Reaping in this novel. What is it, why does it take place, and how does it affect the different districts? Be sure to include an explanation and examination of tessarae in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different outfits Cinna puts Katniss in; why might he make the decisions he does? What does each outfit represent and/or accomplish? How does Cinna's fashion sense affect his relationship with Katniss?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)