|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Katniss wounded in her own attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
2. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
3. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
4. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
2. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
3. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
4. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
5. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
6. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
7. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
8. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
9. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
10. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the process and role of the Reaping in this novel. What is it, why does it take place, and how does it affect the different districts? Be sure to include an explanation and examination of tessarae in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using details from the book to support your conclusions:
2) Character relationships
Essay Topic 3
What does Peeta reveal during the interviews the night before the games begin, and what sort of reaction does this revelation receive? Examine how this action changes Peeta and Katniss' relationship.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)