|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
3. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
4. What does Katniss believe the Gamemakers will do now that there are only three tributes left?
5. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
Essay Topic 2
Determine who you believe is the protagonist of the Hunger Games and then examine that character closely. How would you describe this character? What is that character's motivation? What is that character fighting for? Does this character have any flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of an alliance within the Hunger Games. How common are they? Why forms one in the 74th Hunger Games, and why? Are all alliances convincing, or do some seem staged? What are the benefits and draw backs from forming an alliance in the Hunger Games?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)