|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
2. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
3. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
2. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
3. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
4. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
5. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
6. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
7. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
8. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
9. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
10. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of an alliance within the Hunger Games. How common are they? Why forms one in the 74th Hunger Games, and why? Are all alliances convincing, or do some seem staged? What are the benefits and draw backs from forming an alliance in the Hunger Games?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the character of Effie Trinket. How can she be described? What are her motivations? How does she compare to the other characters working with Katniss and Peeta throughout the Hunger Games?
Essay Topic 3
What is Gale's role in the Hunger Games? How does his relationship with Katniss add to or take away from the plot? Does he symbolize anything?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)