|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
2. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
3. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
4. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the world and setting created for this novel. How did Panem come to be? How is it divided, and for what reasons? How is Panem similar and different from our own world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail in an essay using evidence from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Peeta and Katniss
2) Katniss and Gale
3) Katniss and Prim
4) Katniss and her mother.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)