Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
4. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
Short Essay Questions
1. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
2. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
3. How many tributes are killed on the first day of the games? How many remain?
4. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of
part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
6. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
7. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
8. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
9. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
10. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
Discuss one of the following themes in detail in an essay using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
3) Life and Death Struggle
Discuss Haymitch's role in the Hunger Games. How can be described? What are his faults? Does he have any redeeming qualities? If so, what are they? What is Haymitch's primary motivation?
Examine the purpose and role of The Hunger Games. First, what are the Hunger Games? Why did it start and what is the purpose of its continuation? Are there any negatives to the Hunger Games? Are there any benefits?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)