|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
2. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
3. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
4. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
5. What is the Hob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
2. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
3. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
4. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
5. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
6. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
7. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
8. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
9. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
10. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
Essay Topic 1
Although the Hunger Games is a long-established tradition in Panem, the rules changed more than once in the 74th Hunger Games. What rules changed, and why? How did the rule changes affect the characters and plot?
Essay Topic 2
Determine who you believe is the protagonist of the Hunger Games and then examine that character closely. How would you describe this character? What is that character's motivation? What is that character fighting for? Does this character have any flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Fully explore Katniss' relationship with Rue, and the affect Rue's death has on Katniss. What does this tell readers about Katniss? How did Rue's death propel the plot?
This section contains 1,747 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)